had to go to er for my plugs

Forum rules
NO SPAM

by seanmurray90 » Wed Sep 22, 2010 7:35 am

hey guys just joined.

i am at 3/4 of an inch and just stretched from 11/16 after about 2 months having in 11/16.

so when i stretched, my right ear popped the 3/4 right in. the left i had to use a taper. i have been stretching slowly and smart for 4 years and know what to do.
i got the taper in with little pain. just as bad as any stretch, the next morning i woke up and it was very swollen. this has happed before so i just soaked it in sea salt 3 times a day. it was very hot and throbbing but i just dealt with it and kept soaking and caring for the lobe. the next day the lobe was even worse and i just kept soaking and cleaning the plug. the next day my whole left neck was soar and my left lympnhoid was soar. i also had a fever and almost threw up. i have herd of this happening from stretches gone wrong and herd not to down size or take the plug out but i knew at this point my ear was skrewed and a website said if you get sick see a doctor immediately. i drove to the er at 3 in the morning because i woke up and my skin felt itchy inside and my heart and head was pounding very hard.

the doctor told me to take out my taper, and puss went everywhere. he cleaned it out and said my lobe had no circulation and if i would have waited days longer i would have gotten a very bad blood infection. he gave me anti biotics and said keep it out for the night and if u want u can downsize in the morning but he did not recommend it.

this morning i woke up, looked in the mirror and my ear has completely heal up, no hole at all. the swelling went down and it is very disgusting. i lost 3/4th of an inch lobe in less than 7 hours. i have went thru so much money and stretches for my lobes and its gone in one night. i am so depressed. :(

a website said never take out a plug when infected because it can trap the infection but the doc said id be fine. the very center of my lobe had gelly stuff in it and i cant tell if it will turn into skin. or go away and i will have an about 8 gauge hole.

i will post a picture.

i just want to know if my hole will completely close up. and if i can re stretch it if it turns into scar tissue. . i am praying i dont have to re pierce it . but im almost positive it is going to completely close.

has this happed to any of you. i need help pleez.

is it possible its just so swollen it looks completely closed because i mean i dont know any one who went as big as me and had their ear completely close up.

when i try to spread the lobe it wont open because the gelly body fluid stuff and i dont want to aggravate it.
that doctors an ass. i totally could have fit a 5/8 plug in last night after the visit. but now im shit out of luck i think.

ignore my spelling mistakes . im rushing because i have work at 6 am.

http://s94.photobucket.com/albums/l100/ ... nt=ear.jpg

pleez take a look and tell me what you guys think. fml/....
seanmurray90

by seanmurray90 » Wed Sep 22, 2010 8:51 pm

seanmurray90

by TheGreyEyedMonster » Wed Sep 22, 2010 9:36 pm

suck balls dude :(
i personally have never had anything close to that happen to me.

id go get a few professional opinions from a doctor or piercer or nurse friend, someone who can take a look at your ear. and id say that the first priority should be about the infection, and worry about re-stretching later.

but as i said, i have no medical knowledge whatsoever and you should physically go to see someone who can assess your damage.
"We think caged birds sing, when indeed they cry out."

Have
10mm Lobes (to be 16mm)
(R)Helix
Want
(L)ear- Double Helix, Tragus, Rook, 2nd&3rd Lobes
(R)ear- 6g Helix Punch, Industrial, 2nd&3rd Lobes
Nape
Tongue Web
(R)Nostril
TheGreyEyedMonster

by twosharks » Wed Sep 22, 2010 9:52 pm

I think at this point there's nothing to be done but see how it heals and go from there. As soon as it's healed enough for massaging, get some emu oil and try to break down the scar tissue that will try to form. But since it was so traumatic, I would give it no less than half a year to heal, probably a full year even. Then I would look into either repiercing it at a large size, or getting it scalpeled back to the previous size.

It's sucks, but at least you caught it in time to prevent blood poisoning or your earlobe dying and rotting away.
I was two sharks and a monkey.
twosharks

by seanmurray90 » Thu Sep 23, 2010 5:36 am

omfg this sucks. i thought it would take 2 months tops to heal with no tenderness. this blows :(

is it true scalpiling just feels like a super bad paper cut? it looks so pailful but i think its my best option. just cut aay all the scar tissue and then stretch for like 5/8 back to 3/4

ive had such a bad week, u guys have no clue :/

do you mean a full year to heal the wound or a whole year of massaging for the scar tissue?
seanmurray90

by vdub » Mon Oct 11, 2010 8:31 am

Honestly, If that happened to me I'd be so freaked out I'd give up on stretching all together, and just take out the other.

Not saying you should do that, but it seems counter intuitive to still be thinking about stretching when you just came close to losing your whole ear haha.
vdub

Return to Aftercare, Healing and Safety