8g to 6g

Forum rules
NO SPAM

by Loser2 » Mon Sep 13, 2010 8:11 pm

Well i recently stretched to a 6g from 8g. like 2 weeks ago? and everything was good until today. i started putting silicone eyelets after a week, and only for a couple of hours, and after i got home i would take them out. But today, putting them in this morning they kinda hurt. I'm not sure why, maybe because i was spinning my plug too much last night? not sure. but i took them out a couple minutes ago and there was blood around the lobe. so, I'm not sure what to do, i put a 3 megapixel close up, but its not that clear.

BTW sorry if this is in the wrong section
Loser2

by TheGreyEyedMonster » Mon Sep 13, 2010 11:45 pm

you've had a blow out. i recommend downsizing immediately and do daily massages. you shouldnt stretch again until your ear has healed which may take a while, sorry man. but if you want healthy lobes i suggest waitin it out and just do massages and sea salt soaks to help it heal up.
"We think caged birds sing, when indeed they cry out."

Have
10mm Lobes (to be 16mm)
(R)Helix
Want
(L)ear- Double Helix, Tragus, Rook, 2nd&3rd Lobes
(R)ear- 6g Helix Punch, Industrial, 2nd&3rd Lobes
Nape
Tongue Web
(R)Nostril
TheGreyEyedMonster

by Loser2 » Tue Sep 14, 2010 10:27 am

im pushing the inside out, u i could see whats inside. would that still be considered a blowout?
Loser2

by magalo le matelot » Wed Sep 15, 2010 2:26 pm

Yeah its a major blowout. (the one in picture is a small one)
    1 inch lobes, madison microdermal 16/07/10 and venoms 2/07/11.
    RIP self-done tongue web, retired wrist surface and tongue.

First tattoo on right thigh - line done (1h20)

Want: 4g septum, tattoo on left ribs/behing ear.
magalo le matelot

by corazon_de_oro » Wed Sep 15, 2010 7:22 pm

Yep, definitely a blowout. Downsize, probably at least two sizes TBH; you don't want any jewelry putting pressure on it. How long were you at 8G before going to 6G?
I'm Lindsay.
I have 1/2" lobes and 11 piercings: left helix x2, both conches, both nostrils, septum, navel, and VCH.
My lobes are small but I know a lot about stretching and how to do it safely, so message me if you have any questions!
corazon_de_oro

by Loser2 » Thu Sep 16, 2010 12:56 am

like 2 weeks. so i just put in 10g tapers since i don't have any plugs. how long should i keep these in? and i should still to my vitamin e oil massages? i dont have jajoba
Loser2

by TheGreyEyedMonster » Thu Sep 16, 2010 3:52 am

tapers are not a good idea because it... well, tapers, and will cause uneven downsizing, and it will also not help you restore your ear's look. i would seriously invest in a pair of nice plugs at a 10g or so and just keep up with your ears for a few months. i know you dont wanna hear this but your ear is pretty badly blown out. if there isnt any open wound, vitamin e is a good idea. if there is or it is too tender to massage, do regular sea salt soaks until it is. but massaging and backtucking are going to help you the most in restoring your ear.

Have
10mm Lobes (to be 16mm)
(R)Helix
Want
Nape
Tongue Web
(R)Nostril
TheGreyEyedMonster

by Loser2 » Thu Sep 16, 2010 10:41 am

whats backtucking? and i cut the point part off the taper, so now its like basically a plug. but i have to keep o rings on both sides.
Loser2

by TheGreyEyedMonster » Thu Sep 16, 2010 9:55 pm

back tucking is putting the plug in from the back forwards, it pushes the blowout back into the ear and helps heal the ear into a more normal shape

Have
10mm Lobes (to be 16mm)
(R)Helix
Want
Nape
Tongue Web
(R)Nostril
TheGreyEyedMonster

by corazon_de_oro » Fri Sep 17, 2010 12:10 am

Wait longer between sizes in the future. I know it can be hard to wait, but now you've seen what can happen if you don't. I'd recommend at least 6-8 weeks.
I'm Lindsay.
I have 1/2" lobes and 11 piercings: left helix x2, both conches, both nostrils, septum, navel, and VCH.
My lobes are small but I know a lot about stretching and how to do it safely, so message me if you have any questions!
corazon_de_oro

Return to Aftercare, Healing and Safety