Blowout Healing....

Forum rules
NO SPAM

by StrickyCub » Sat Sep 11, 2010 3:58 am

Was just wondering, can smaller blowouts heal up without having to downsize? As long as you take really good care of it by cleaning it and soaking it, massaging it and all that?

I have my 6g tapers in (until my stainless steel tunnels get here in the mail) and the back of both ears have very tiny blowouts, it kind of looks like a raised white ring of skin all around the hole. The front and inside of the hole looks really healthy though, it doesn't go wrinkly when I take out the jewellery to clean it and I can see through to the back, but obviously it's still a bit tender if I bump the back of it.

I just don't want to downsize to 8g because the only jewellery I have to put in is 8g tapers, and with the 6g tunnels coming I'm thinking it will also help them heal up more.

~Zack
Piercings: 7mm Left Lobe, Right Helix x2, nose, labret, left eyebrow x2
~~~~
Want:
Tongue
Snakebites
Nipples (after chest surgery)
Tragus

StrickyCub

by StrickyCub » Mon Sep 13, 2010 1:48 pm

Just a little update since I haven't had any replies.
I decided to take out my 6g jewellery and put in a pair of 12g tapers yesterday morning, since my ears were really not healing, and the tenderness to lay on them was also getting to me. They were also weeping quite a bit, although they weren't bleeding.

I'm happy to report that it appears putting the smaller tapers in has helped, the rings on the back seem to have been absorbed back into the lobe, and there hasn't been any excessive weeping either :3

I'm looking forward to them healing up good and proper with some TLC, and taking the stretching a lot slower, so that I can haz nice perdy lobes :D
~~~~
Want:
Tongue
Snakebites
Tragus

StrickyCub

by Nic » Mon Sep 13, 2010 3:33 pm

lolz thats good to hear. Downsizing after a blowout is a must xD. post sum pics =D
Left Lobe = 1 3/8in.
Right Lobe = 1, 3/8 in.
16g Bridge/Earl
14g/ 16g spider bites both sides
14g Tongue
6g Septum
Upcoming:
16g Angel bites
Retired:
Industrial
Nic

by twosharks » Tue Sep 14, 2010 4:34 am

Very good that you went down so many sizes. Downsizing is necessary. A blowout happens when there's no room in the piercing for the skin and the jewelry. If you don't downsize, that skin can't get back in and reabsorb and heal somewhat normally. The more you downsize, the less pressure, so the faster it will heal.

Any blowout will likely cause some lasting damage, which is why taking good care of it and doing massages will be important from now on, and you'd be better off waiting much longer between sizes than you were planning on before. Once you have one blowout, the tissue is weakened, and you're risking more by not being extra careful in the future.

Also, tapers aren't jewelry and could have contributed to the problem, so don't bother stretching until you actually have real jewelry to wear. The taper is just for getting that jewelry in.
I was two sharks and a monkey.
twosharks

by StrickyCub » Tue Sep 14, 2010 10:41 am

Yeah thanks for that, my fiance and I went out today and she bought me a small pair of spirals to put in my lobes while they heal up before I can start stretching again :)

I'm still waiting for our Jojoba oil to come in the mail though, I ordered that stuff early last week and it's still not here, it's being sent from in Aus too so I'm a little annoyed at that ~_~

I will have to post some pics up soon though :p
~~~~
Want:
Tongue
Snakebites
Tragus

StrickyCub

by StrickyCub » Wed Sep 22, 2010 1:38 pm

Since my lobes got the new jewellery in them when I downsized they have been very happy ears.
I also stopped doing the Sea Salt Soaks since honestly they just weren't doing anything for me, sticking to just washing them in the shower twice a day (yes I'm a very clean guy ;) ) has helped them to heal up super quick.

I'm really looking forward to putting my new jewellery in that I ordered online, it just arrived in the mail today and I'm jealous because my fiance` got to put in her sexy 6g tunnels, and I have to wait to put mine in :(

Oh well, got all the time in the world xD

At least I got an email from the company I ordered the Jojoba oil from, they finally shipped it out today (they were waiting for stock from their manufacturer), so it should be here in about 2 days. Woot for ordering from inside Aus :3

~Zack
~~~~
Want:
Tongue
Snakebites
Tragus

StrickyCub

Return to Aftercare, Healing and Safety