Question about pinchers.

Forum rules
NO SPAM

by PorcelainCobra » Tue Sep 07, 2010 6:22 pm

Ok, so I've had my ears pierced for about 16 years now and decided about 6 months ago to start stretching. As I stated about 6 months ago I was able to fit 14g without any discomfort, lube or taper. I've waited until now to move up in size because I couldn't find anything locally until yesterday. I was out with my wife and bought 12g and 10g jewelry from Hot Topic. Unfortunately they only had acrylic tapers and I really didn't want them so I picked up a pair of 12g CBR and 10g steel pinchers. When I got home I tried the 12g and again I guess from always pulling on my jewelry before they went in with room to spare. I decided to try the 10g so I went in the shower and put them in with little discomfort at all. Now reading these forums and others, I've seen that many people are against using the tapered pinchers for stretching so my question is; Should I remove them and just go with the acrylic? Or wait a few days and try to put the plugs in that came with them?

Sorry for the long read and any help would be greatly appreciated, Thanks, Marc
PorcelainCobra

by TheGreyEyedMonster » Tue Sep 07, 2010 8:17 pm

wait im confused. if youve already bought and stretched with the pinchers than there's nothing you can do about it, so don't worry. However you shouldn't be wearing the claws OR tapers as jewelry, they're only tools. they are curved and can cause uneven stretching. You need to put in either a flat or single flared plug. Steel, glass, or stone is optimum but I don't think acrylic is too terrible as long as you haven't had any allergic reactions to it and clean them regularly.
"We think caged birds sing, when indeed they cry out."

Have
10mm Lobes (to be 16mm)
(R)Helix
Want
(L)ear- Double Helix, Tragus, Rook, 2nd&3rd Lobes
(R)ear- 6g Helix Punch, Industrial, 2nd&3rd Lobes
Nape
Tongue Web
(R)Nostril
TheGreyEyedMonster

by PorcelainCobra » Tue Sep 07, 2010 8:35 pm

Sorry for the confusion, yes I have already stretched with the pinchers as I put them in yesterday. They came with plugs and I was wondering if I should take out the pinchers and try to put the plugs in. Or should I just get the acrylic taper and go from there.
PorcelainCobra

Return to Aftercare, Healing and Safety