wondering what happened? answers would be swell.

Forum rules
NO SPAM

by russell » Fri Sep 03, 2010 4:41 am

okay, so i was wearing a 00 for a few weeks, and i decided to stretch to 7/16ths. i didnt have a taper, but when i pulled on my plug i saw space. so i dead stretched to a 7/16ths double flared silicone plug.

silicone-dumb
double flared-dumb

it was okay for about a week, but one morning i woke up and my ear was swollen. it almost had that feeling when you can feel your getting a pimple. ya know? it felt like there was pus or something. the area affected was the bottom part on the back of my lobe AND that soft pressure point behind your ear. if you dont know what i mean please ask and ill try to re explain it.

so i took out my seven sixteenths, and put in a externally threaded steel 0.

ive been doing sea salt soaks every night. any suggestions on what else to do, and what even happened? it seems to be getting better.

the onl advice i can give myself is dont stretch with silicone. ive even stretched with acrylic in the past and have had not a single problem.

thanks guys
-russell
russell

by leighmarie » Fri Sep 03, 2010 7:55 am

russell wrote:the onl advice i can give myself is dont stretch with silicone.

That's definitely good advice. At the least Silicone can cause uneven stretching, as well as tears and blowouts.

It's good you downsized straight away though. I'd suggest staying at that size a couple of months and then try again.
Current:
1.6mm Tongue
1.6mm Navel
10mm Lobies (Goal: 1/2")
1.2mm Right Tragus
1.2mm Nose
1.2mm Monroe

Wishlist:
Christina piercing

leighmarie

by corazon_de_oro » Sat Sep 04, 2010 5:09 am

leighmarie wrote: I'd suggest staying at that size a couple of months and then try again.

This. A few weeks isn't really long enough to leave between stretches. And next time you stretch get some single-flare jewelry in a more suitable material... but I'm sure you figured that out, haha.

Also be careful with externally-threaded jewelry, especially if your ears are sore. The threading can cut your skin so don't be taking it out for at least a few days.
I'm Lindsay.
I have 1/2" lobes and 11 piercings: left helix x2, both conches, both nostrils, septum, navel, and VCH.
My lobes are small but I know a lot about stretching and how to do it safely, so message me if you have any questions!
corazon_de_oro

Return to Aftercare, Healing and Safety