14g Tongue
6g Septum
Upcoming:
16g Angel bites
Retired:
Industrial
Nic

by corazon_de_oro » Mon Aug 16, 2010 8:43 pm

You give good advice. What I have a problem with is when people stretch badly and tell other people to do the same because "they did and nothing bad happened."
I'm Lindsay.
I have 1/2" lobes and 11 piercings: left helix x2, both conches, both nostrils, septum, navel, and VCH.
My lobes are small but I know a lot about stretching and how to do it safely, so message me if you have any questions!
corazon_de_oro

by magalo le matelot » Mon Aug 16, 2010 10:55 pm

It's not stretched ''badly'' if its the way your ears heal. There's nothing wrong if you ears can take it.
    1 inch lobes, madison microdermal 16/07/10 and venoms 2/07/11.
    RIP self-done tongue web, retired wrist surface and tongue.

First tattoo on right thigh - line done (1h20)

Want: 4g septum, tattoo on left ribs/behing ear.
magalo le matelot

by corazon_de_oro » Mon Aug 16, 2010 11:06 pm

Most people's can't, though... no one's ears are so drastically different from everyone else's that they can stretch every week or something unless they go through a lot of pain (which is really unnecessary when it comes to stretching) and take a lot of risks. Some people do it and are fine but I would never recommend it to anyone else because that's how people end up with blowouts and tears. It's better just to be patient from the start instead of being one of the unlucky people who wreck their ears because their friends said they stretched fast and were fine.
I'm Lindsay.
I have 1/2" lobes and 11 piercings: left helix x2, both conches, both nostrils, septum, navel, and VCH.
My lobes are small but I know a lot about stretching and how to do it safely, so message me if you have any questions!
corazon_de_oro

by Hardware » Tue Aug 17, 2010 2:17 am

haha, it's nothing against anyone personally on this site at all. I was just thinking of a 'star rating system' like ebay has, lol!
It's not a revolution, it's a lifestyle.
Hardware

by leighmarie » Tue Aug 17, 2010 4:42 pm

The rating thing could be a good idea. But then again, the rating you gave would be down to personal opinion so not necessarily reliable.
Current:
1.6mm Tongue
1.6mm Navel
10mm Lobies (Goal: 1/2")
1.2mm Right Tragus
1.2mm Nose
1.2mm Monroe

Wishlist:
Christina piercing

leighmarie

by StrickyCub » Sat Sep 11, 2010 2:30 am

By the feathers of Osiris, some of the photos in that Blowout album linked were absolutely manky!! D:
It makes me greatful that I learnt before it was too late the consequences can be if you're not careful with stretching. I had a small blowout and some discomfort when I got my fiance to put a 4g taper through my ear after thinking it was healed enough after 2 weeks of having a 6g in.
Why did I do it so fast? Well, I went to a body piercing salon and asked one of the qualified piercers there and she said most people only wait a week between stretches, so I believed her because hey, she's qualified right? Wrong >_<

At least it was only my right ear, and after reading up nearly every article I could find online and downsizing back down to 6g, I'm finding a few days later my blowout is healing up slowly and feels a lot better. I'm just hoping it doesn't cause too much permanent damage that will effect my ability to stretch in the future :( I ordered a bottle of Jojoba oil online to use on my lobes once they're healed, just waiting for it to arrive in the mail.

But yeah seriously, those pictures scare me into being very careful with my stretching.

~Zack
Piercings: 7mm Left Lobe, Right Helix x2, nose, labret, left eyebrow x2
~~~~
Want:
Tongue
Snakebites
Nipples (after chest surgery)
Tragus

StrickyCub

by leighmarie » Sat Sep 11, 2010 6:24 pm

StrickyCub wrote:Why did I do it so fast? Well, I went to a body piercing salon and asked one of the qualified piercers there and she said most people only wait a week between stretches, so I believed her because hey, she's qualified right? Wrong >_<

Unfortunately I've heard of other piercers who've said that too. :/
I've never really trusted Piercing Studios who offer to stretch piercings. I realise there are some places who will do it properly, but I'd rather still just do it myself tbh, haha :)
Current:
1.6mm Tongue
1.6mm Navel
10mm Lobies (Goal: 1/2")
1.2mm Right Tragus
1.2mm Nose
1.2mm Monroe

Wishlist:
Christina piercing

leighmarie

by StrickyCub » Sat Sep 11, 2010 9:19 pm

Yeah after learning the stuff I learned online, after having a professional tell me you only have to wait a week between stretches, it really makes me wonder where they get their training and information from. o.O
Piercings: 7mm Left Lobe, Right Helix x2, nose, labret, left eyebrow x2
~~~~
Want:
Tongue
Snakebites
Nipples (after chest surgery)
Tragus

StrickyCub

by corazon_de_oro » Sun Sep 12, 2010 6:18 pm

Yeah a lot of piercers know next to nothing about stretching. Doesn't mean they're bad piercers, just that they should leave the stretching advice to someone who knows what they're talking about. I've heard of piercers doing large-gauge piercings (like 8G or so) and then stretching them 8 weeks later! Or stretching someone from a "normal" earring to like a 10G all at once. So yeah, I'd rather just do the research and do it myself. My piercer knows quite a bit about stretching but I'd still rather do it because she can't feel my pain; I can stop and wait a few weeks if it hurts or is too difficult.
I'm Lindsay.
corazon_de_oro

PreviousNext

Return to Aftercare, Healing and Safety