Rant

Forum rules
NO SPAM

by TheGreyEyedMonster » Fri Aug 13, 2010 9:47 pm

Oh my goodness, can I just rant for a second please? I signed up on this website because I had a few questions about ear stretching and the advice given out on most of the internet is complete bullshit. It’s ridiculous the 'advice' some people are giving. Almost every post asking how long someone should wait to size up is answered with "well you’re supposed to wait 4-6 weeks but I didn’t LAWL" and then those same people post topics titled 'something is wrong with my ear/bleeding & irritated/blowout help'. Seriously people, if you wait 4-6 weeks THAT WON’T HAPPEN. Do you think pain and a blowout are part of stretching???

I started stretching in Spring and I went way too fast because everyone was going at the same speed as me and even though nothing bad happened I really wish someone would have told me sooner to SLOW DOWN. I had a bit of irritation and signed up on here for advice and I’m so glad some people really know what they’re talking about and gave me real, useful advice. I’ve only seen maybe two or three people who are adamant about '6 months for a new piercing, 4-6 weeks between stretches'. Every time I see someone say "You’re not supposed skip sizes but I did and everything was fine" or "Yeah I was impatient and got a blow out but everything’s cool now" or "They say 4-6 weeks but I only wait about a 5 days" I want to just go HULKSMASH with the keyboard.

:evil: :evil: :evil:
"We think caged birds sing, when indeed they cry out."

Have
10mm Lobes (to be 16mm)
(R)Helix
Want
(L)ear- Double Helix, Tragus, Rook, 2nd&3rd Lobes
(R)ear- 6g Helix Punch, Industrial, 2nd&3rd Lobes
Nape
Tongue Web
(R)Nostril
TheGreyEyedMonster

by XxGonzoxX » Fri Aug 13, 2010 10:56 pm

Some people have problems listening to their own advice, or any for that matter. Fortunately and Unfortunately with stretching it's evident who can/can't. The people with puuuuuurdy healthy lobes obviously could, the ones who couldn't are or will surely regret it soon.
XxGonzoxX

by Hybrid » Sat Aug 14, 2010 3:48 am

Those thoughts are what is going to keep me going for another 4 months before I start stretching. It gets on my nerves people do that too. Oh well I skipped sizes, but you're not suppose to.
Hybrid

by TheGreyEyedMonster » Sat Aug 14, 2010 4:00 am

Gonzo - omg yessss. My Human Geography teacher has/had stretched ears but he doesn't wear jewelry in school and he has the most PERFECT lobes hahaha that is so weird to say. But he was the guy that made me confirm that I want stretched lobes. I was like "Man, if/when I ever want to take my jewelry out and the holes don't close all of the way up, THAT is what I want my naked lobes to look like." I kind of have an obsession with naked lobes now : P

Hybrid - Good for you!!! I hope your ears turn out very nicely, and please post pics sometime!
"We think caged birds sing, when indeed they cry out."

Have
10mm Lobes (to be 16mm)
(R)Helix
Want
(L)ear- Double Helix, Tragus, Rook, 2nd&3rd Lobes
(R)ear- 6g Helix Punch, Industrial, 2nd&3rd Lobes
Nape
Tongue Web
(R)Nostril
TheGreyEyedMonster

by corazon_de_oro » Sat Aug 14, 2010 4:35 am

It's sad because some people get lucky and have really healthy-looking lobes after stretching horribly, so they tell other people to do what they did. Then the other people have problems because they weren't so lucky and can't figure out why their ears look like this: http://s260.photobucket.com/albums/ii9/ ... slideshow/. That's why I HATE to hear people say "Oh I did this, but my ears are fine!" And yeah, everyone's different and some people have really stretchy skin but you really don't know if you do unless you take some major risks, and then you could end up with a blowout or tear. I just don't see what's so bad about waiting 6+ weeks when stretched ears are, in most cases, something you'll have forever. What's the hurry? And if you do have them forever, wouldn't you rather have nice-looking lobes?

This forum seems to be getting a lot better, though. When I first joined I couldn't believe what some of the people were saying!
I'm Lindsay.
I have 1/2" lobes and 11 piercings: left helix x2, both conches, both nostrils, septum, navel, and VCH.
My lobes are small but I know a lot about stretching and how to do it safely, so message me if you have any questions!
corazon_de_oro

by Hybrid » Sat Aug 14, 2010 6:38 am

I will post some pics some time, I'm going to stick to my 16g circular barbells for now. I'll have to order me a couple of other interesting things to switch it out for them til christmas. I might wait to post pics til i get my rook pierced. That is next on my list i believe.
Hybrid

by leighmarie » Sat Aug 14, 2010 2:30 pm

TheGreyEyedMonster wrote:Every time I see someone say "You’re not supposed skip sizes but I did and everything was fine" or "Yeah I was impatient and got a blow out but everything’s cool now" or "They say 4-6 weeks but I only wait about a 5 days" I want to just go HULKSMASH with the keyboard.

:evil: :evil: :evil:

THIS is how I feel about this forum, lol ;)
Current:
1.6mm Tongue
1.6mm Navel
10mm Lobies (Goal: 1/2")
1.2mm Right Tragus
1.2mm Nose
1.2mm Monroe

Wishlist:
Christina piercing

leighmarie

by Nic » Sat Aug 14, 2010 11:18 pm

lol this is a gud forum. Not meaning to rain on ur parade an all but alot of us say wait 4 weeks or more but i didnt because its called learning from experience. Wen i give advice its based on personal experience that u should wait a lil longer then i did.
Left Lobe = 1 3/8in.
Right Lobe = 1, 3/8 in.
16g Bridge/Earl
14g/ 16g spider bites both sides
14g Tongue
6g Septum
Upcoming:
16g Angel bites
Retired:
Industrial
Nic

by inkkitten » Sun Aug 15, 2010 12:25 pm

I think it is trial and error. People need to listen to there ears and stretch when they are ready to be stretched again.
I'm stretching up a size when my ears feel ready. It can be anywhere from 3 - 7 weeks. If i slowly push the taper in and there is pain and resistance then i'll wait a week more before trying again. If there is just resistance and no pain then i will proceed.
I think how you look after your ears in-between stretching can make a huge difference too. My ears heal better if i massage oil into them morning and night.
People who rush into it will soon learn a lesson in taking there time ;)
inkkitten

by Hardware » Mon Aug 16, 2010 5:02 am

I wish there was a feature on this bored to rate and give feedback on a persons advice. That way new people on the bored could know how reliable someones advice is.....
It's not a revolution, it's a lifestyle.
Hardware

Next

Return to Aftercare, Healing and Safety