Stretched to 10g. A little uneven stretching

Forum rules
NO SPAM

by Loser2 » Fri Aug 13, 2010 5:26 pm

Ok so I recently went from a regular ear piercing to a 10g. And it was great. hurt a little, but nothing major. And no blowout. But i have 1 problem I took them out after 5 days to wash. (now i wash everday) my right earlobe was perfect. But my left one isnt like a perfect circle, it looks like a tear a little. So i was wondering how to fix this. And i have to keep tapers in, cuz where i live theres no plugs at this size. Any suggestions?
Loser2

by Hybrid » Fri Aug 13, 2010 5:32 pm

Did you go from a standard earring to 10g at one time? If so you stretched way to fast. you skipped at least two sized. Also, if you can't find any plugs where you are, you need to order some. Tapers are TOOLS!! They aren't mean't to be worn.
Hybrid

by Loser2 » Fri Aug 13, 2010 6:46 pm

Hybrid wrote:Did you go from a standard earring to 10g at one time? If so you stretched way to fast. you skipped at least two sized. Also, if you can't find any plugs where you are, you need to order some. Tapers are TOOLS!! They aren't mean't to be worn.

The guy over there said that its ok at small sizes. If u like i can post pictures of the messed up ear
Loser2

by Hybrid » Fri Aug 13, 2010 9:25 pm

I'm not really experienced enough to help you with the uneven lobe. What I do know that no matter if it is a small size you shouldn't skip sizes. Even though it seems like a smalls stretch, you might be stretching the fistula to twice its size. Also, it doesn't matter what size, tapers are tools. You need to find some place to get plugs. Even if it means looking around a little. I live an hour away from the closest town that even has a tattoo artist/piercer. I still can find plugs, even if it means driving an hour. This is your only set of ears dont mess them up!
Hybrid

by Slags » Fri Aug 13, 2010 11:17 pm

Tapers have been known to cause uneven stretching. So that could be part of the problem. Listen to the advice on here, and not just "what some guy said." There are a lot of really knowledgeable people on these forums.

The easiest and cheapest place to find plugs and tapers is online. Try http://www.bodyartforms.com. They have a huge selection and will be much cheaper. Hope this helps some. Good luck!
18g Tragus
6g Lobes
2g Goal Size
3 tattoos
You don't work you don't eat. You don't grind you don't shine.
Slags

by Nic » Sat Aug 14, 2010 11:23 pm

Post a picture so that i can see what u are talking about lol
U would know if it was a tear because it would be bleeding.
Left Lobe = 1 3/8in.
Right Lobe = 1, 3/8 in.
16g Bridge/Earl
14g/ 16g spider bites both sides
14g Tongue
6g Septum
Upcoming:
16g Angel bites
Retired:
Industrial
Nic

by Loser2 » Sun Aug 15, 2010 4:52 am

Nic wrote:Post a picture so that i can see what u are talking about lol

Its not bleeding, but ill post a picture tomorrow morning after i shower
Loser2

by Loser2 » Mon Aug 16, 2010 5:30 pm

Nic wrote:Post a picture so that i can see what u are talking about lol

I tried taking a picture but my 3 megapixel camera won't clearly take it. But I'll try describing it, i cant see through either of my ears. and i think the uneven stretching is because of the tapers. So i plan to leave them in for 1 more week and if there healed i got my 8g plugs and tapers. IF there healed, so yea.
Loser2

by corazon_de_oro » Mon Aug 16, 2010 7:11 pm

Skipping sizes is not okay at small sizes because like someone else said, you're increasing the size of the fistula by a LOT. If you went from a "standard" earring that's about 0.8mm to a 10G which is 2.4mm, you made the hole three times bigger than it was to start with. That's why it hurt and that's why your ear is messed up.
If you insist on keeping it that size (you really should downsize), PLEASE don't stretch in a week. You should be waiting 6+ weeks between sizes, but since you skipped so much the first time I'd wait at least 10-12 weeks. Remember, stretching should never hurt any more than a slight sting, and tapers shouldn't be worn as jewelry.
I'm Lindsay.
I have 1/2" lobes and 11 piercings: left helix x2, both conches, both nostrils, septum, navel, and VCH.
My lobes are small but I know a lot about stretching and how to do it safely, so message me if you have any questions!
corazon_de_oro

by Hybrid » Tue Aug 17, 2010 2:57 am

I second everything corazon said, and everything I said earlier.
Hybrid

Next

Return to Aftercare, Healing and Safety