Blow Outs

Forum rules
NO SPAM

by bi327 » Sat Feb 02, 2019 10:35 am

I’ve been stretching my ears for about a year now. 2 days ago I stretched it from a 6g to 4g and I got a little blow out. I did everything by the books. I waited several months to go up a size, I only went up a size when I knew the piercing had healed. I prefer spirals. Once I am able to comfortably move the spiral back and forth I know it’s healed but I still waited 4 extra weeks just to be sure (because I had a blow out on my other ear but that was completely my fault for not being patients).
I made sure to really lubricate my ear and the stretcher. I put it in nice and slowly gave it 15 minutes to adjust before pushing it in further there was barely any pain or discomfort at this point. For the first day it was uncomfortable but I felt like it wasn’t too bad so I left it in for another day but it became unbearable that’s when I knew I got a blow out so I took it out cleaned it up with salt soak etc.
But I want to know why it happened in the first place? I did everything the recommended way and I made sure to listen to what my body was telling me. Just wanted to know if anyone had any insight.
bi327

Return to Aftercare, Healing and Safety