SCAR TISSUE/RE-STRETCHING

Forum rules
NO SPAM

by whoisco » Fri Jul 16, 2010 6:35 am

About a month ago, I did something extremely stupid (shoved a 7/16g silicone plug through a 00g taper, which lead to slightly micro-torn earlobes that actually bled). I think that my ears are fine now but my right ear has a bunch of scar tissue in it and I can't tape my plugs because my ears are too tight and is resisting the tape. I was wondering if I should let my ears close then re-stretch? Or should I downsize to a smaller size (I'm at 00g now). What size should I downsize to? How can I eliminate this scar tissue? How long will it take me to get to my next stretch?
whoisco

by leighmarie » Fri Jul 16, 2010 8:51 am

If I were you I would have downsized straight away, but downsizing now might still help a bit.

Other than that, I'd really give Vitamin E oil massages a go.
Current:
1.6mm Tongue
1.6mm Navel
10mm Lobies (Goal: 1/2")
1.2mm Right Tragus
1.2mm Nose
1.2mm Monroe

Wishlist:
Christina piercing

leighmarie

by Hardware » Fri Jul 16, 2010 11:09 pm

I agree... vitamin e oil massages will help break down the scar tissue over time. Personally I would do sea salt soaks until the micro tears are gone first though. I never used vitamin e oil on anything besides healed lobes personally, I imagine oil wouldn't feel too good on open wounds, ha.
It's not a revolution, it's a lifestyle.
Hardware

by corazon_de_oro » Fri Jul 16, 2010 11:52 pm

Agreed. I love vitamin E oil for massages... it's the massaging that's more important than the oil though so make sure you do nice, long ones! But definitely wait 'til they're healed.
I'm Lindsay.
I have 1/2" lobes and 11 piercings: left helix x2, both conches, both nostrils, septum, navel, and VCH.
My lobes are small but I know a lot about stretching and how to do it safely, so message me if you have any questions!
corazon_de_oro

by Nic » Thu Jul 22, 2010 1:49 pm

I know alot of people are prolly goin to bash me for this but it worked for me. I ripped my left ear on a stretch to half inch and i had and still have a bit of scar tissue, My ear is really tight on the plugs to lol the way to keep stretching it even with the new tissue is to just put a wrap of electrical tape every few days . I put one wrap that is slightly off the edge so that when i lube it i can slide it into my ear. PTFE is to flimsy when u have scar tissue and gets annoying. Just clean ur plugs and ears often, hopefully i wont take to much hate for my answer. Im not saying its the best for everyone but it worked for me. Good luck and happy stretching =)
Left Lobe = 1 3/8in.
Right Lobe = 1, 3/8 in.
16g Bridge/Earl
14g/ 16g spider bites both sides
14g Tongue
6g Septum
Upcoming:
16g Angel bites
Retired:
Industrial
Nic

by hellowyellow » Thu Jul 22, 2010 2:02 pm

I've been told a better alternative to PTFE is actually bondage tape. Won't irritate your scar tissue as much; and is much safer for your body than electrical tape. (:
hellowyellow

by Nic » Fri Jul 23, 2010 5:16 pm

lol ive actually never tried bondage tape, haha just thought of me walkin into a shop to buy bondage tape makes me laugh. Its prolly sumtin like buyin condoms, i always get the funniest looks xD
Left Lobe = 1 3/8in.
Right Lobe = 1, 3/8 in.
16g Bridge/Earl
14g Tongue
6g Septum
Upcoming:
16g Angel bites
Retired:
Industrial
Nic

by hellowyellow » Fri Jul 23, 2010 9:31 pm

hahaha. well, there's always that online shopping option ;) I really never understood the awkwardness people feel when buying condoms... it's all in your head no one really cares that you're buying them :P
hellowyellow

by Nic » Sat Jul 24, 2010 4:51 am

hellowyellow wrote:hahaha. well, there's always that online shopping option ;) I really never understood the awkwardness people feel when buying condoms... it's all in your head no one really cares that you're buying them :P

haha it prolly is just in my head. I just find it amusing when i walk in and like people with their family just see a weird lookin white kid buying condoms and ciggaretes xD
Left Lobe = 1 3/8in.
Right Lobe = 1, 3/8 in.
16g Bridge/Earl
14g Tongue
6g Septum
Upcoming:
16g Angel bites
Retired:
Industrial
Nic

by Hardware » Mon Jul 26, 2010 5:11 am

When I bought a tackle box for all my body jewelry the chick at the counter laughed and said "It's Ironic that you have so many piercings and you are buying a tackle box" I looked at her and said "The best thing about that is... I'm using it for EXACTLY what you think I'm going to use it for!" She was really confused, so I walked away quickly.
It's not a revolution, it's a lifestyle.
Hardware

Next

Return to Aftercare, Healing and Safety