Wanting a second opinion on this..

Forum rules
NO SPAM

by Aoric » Sat Oct 05, 2013 4:18 am

I've been very slowly taping up to 5/8 over the past few months, and finally this evening I got my jewelry in! No pain/resistance, right ear was happier than a pig in sh*t and then the left started to feel a little warm/sore.
I downsized considerably just to be on the safe side, my ear looked a little irritated inside but felt better right away after going back down.

Anywho, even though I can't see any tears, I figured there has to be something? To my point of this post though, just wanted a second opinion on how long I should wait before starting over again, 6weeks ish I figured. (I do all the vit e massages/cleaning/soaks ect.)

Or do you think my ear was just being difficult with me and that it would be a safe bet to start over again within a couple weeks. (again, felt no pain ect until after the jewelry was already in)

Just super paranoid about ever messing up my lobes. :/
Piercings: 9/16" first lobe, second and third lobes, 3 right helix, 3 left helix, left nostril, septum, medusa, 3 tongue
Retired: 4 nipple, chest microdermal, 2 hip microdermal, belly ring
Aoric

by aBn » Sun Oct 06, 2013 9:31 pm

i think it was just much for that ear and to much pressure. you did the right thing by going back down. im guessing you were at 9/16(14mm)and 5/8 is 16mm so its too big of a stretch at once. i bought some 15mm glass colorfronts and eyelets from bodyartforms before i went to 5/8. u will find it alot easier to stretch 1mm at a time and its alot better for your ears. i would wait 8-12 weeks between 1mm stretches and they should slide right in with no pain or resistance. good luck :twisted:
HAVE:_ 5/8 "16mm" Lobes and 1 Tattoo__WANT:_2 full sleeves
aBn

by Aoric » Mon Oct 07, 2013 3:11 am

I feel better going down and waiting awhile instead of making problems down the line. As I said, I was taping so it wasn't a big stretch by any means. Guess that my left ear might just be the more difficult one this time around.

I think I'm going to wait 6 weeks, then start taping again and just take more time than I normally do between layers. Thanks for the input! I always forget about bodyartforms when I'm looking for new jewelry, I'll have to remember it for when I need jewelry after 3/4
Piercings: 9/16" first lobe, second and third lobes, 3 right helix, 3 left helix, left nostril, septum, medusa, 3 tongue
Retired: 4 nipple, chest microdermal, 2 hip microdermal, belly ring
Aoric

by aBn » Tue Oct 08, 2013 11:42 pm

i understand your taping slowly but your ears need to have time to rest between small stretches to rebuild collagen. 2mm is too much of a stretch any way you do it, it can cause a lack of bloodflow because of the pressure and also cause thinning. i made the same mistakes before i became better informed and learned from it. i check this site every once in a while because people in here helped me alot when i started so i come back and try to help if i can. but honestly this site is really dead lately. if you are on facebook try joining a group called "your ear stretching connection" they have alot of good information in their files and people who are always willing to help. good luck :twisted:
HAVE:_ 5/8 "16mm" Lobes and 1 Tattoo__WANT:_2 full sleeves
aBn

by DarkCustom13 » Thu Oct 10, 2013 1:46 am

I think another thing that's just as important as stretching slow is lubrication. Even when you tape. I use a combo of holey butter a vitame e oil. Makes it slip right in and helps keep your lobes healthy. I use bondage tape and I've noticed if its not lubbed up enough before sticking the plug back in it would be clingy which can give give u micro tears and or cause irritation and swelling..
DarkCustom13

Return to Aftercare, Healing and Safety