So this is annoying and odd.. Advice please!

Forum rules
NO SPAM

by Smoottie » Thu May 02, 2013 8:05 pm

So, 2 days ago, I stretched my left earlobe to 6mm. The stretch itself went fine, there was minimal resistance and it didn't really hurt, only had that slightly burning feeling for a bit afterwards. The next day it seemed fine as well and I didn't take the jewellery out because I wanted to let my ear rest. Then today at school, I randomly noticed some crusty stuff on my lobe and I went to the bathroom and cleaned it a bit with water. Couldn't really do anything else since I was in a school bathroom. So now (=later in the evening) I took out my plug to inspect what was going on, got some saltwater on a q-tip and cleaned the hole with it and when I looked at the q-tip again, it was red with blood. So I waited until the bleeding stopped, found my 5mm plug again, cleaned it and put it in. My earlobe is now a bit swollen, but it doesn't hurt. I've been wearing light glass plugs and haven't gotten them caught on anything, the only thing I've done was sleeping on them, but yeah, can't really help turning over during the night. The thing is, this very same thing happened to my right ear as well when I stretched that to 6mm and I just don't understand why and how. With my left ear especially, since I've waited for at least 3-4 months at 5mm, wearing glass jewellery, and considering that it didn't hurt or anything, there shouldn't (According to my logic) have been this problem... So what the fuck is going on? :?
Smoottie

by KAISERROLLS » Fri May 03, 2013 12:42 am

Ive been going through the same problems my last few sizes, I really so feel like a lot of it does have to do with irritating it while sleeping. But the ongoing mystery of why the hell wont my ears stretch after 3-4 months is weird. Ive been at a 2G for about 4 maybe 5 months now and my ears still dont want to go, and i havent abused them its been about 2-3 months between stretches before. Everyones different, but sense you bleed I would give it another 2 months to try again, and be super careful sleeping on them.
Piercings
1g Left 0g Right Lobes
Right Industrial (retired)
Right Tragus (retired)
Tattoos
4 Hours on sleeve
KAISERROLLS

by Smoottie » Fri May 03, 2013 11:12 am

Yes I'm going to stay at 5mm for a while now... It's just difficult to not sleep on them since I always sleep on my left side :cry:
Smoottie

by KAISERROLLS » Fri May 03, 2013 2:25 pm

Yeah sleeping on them is bad at first, but later on as you already probably know it can still hurt them, ive had flares go inside my ear, and plugs fall out, but micro tears can happen whenever theres pressure on em.
Piercings
1g Left 0g Right Lobes
Right Industrial (retired)
Right Tragus (retired)
Tattoos
4 Hours on sleeve
KAISERROLLS

Return to Aftercare, Healing and Safety