Dog Bite Ripped My Ear! is there hope?

Forum rules
NO SPAM

by AceWitThaLobes » Sat Feb 23, 2013 6:09 pm

So i got attacked by a dog and it ripped my 1 inch plug out of my ear, tearing the inside part of the hole. it didnt tear all the way thru, just on the inside. I left it alone for 3 days, there are small scabs on the inside of the hole. the day it happend the tears didnt look much worse than some improper stretching injuries ive given myself. just there are 2 tears instead of 1. it bled a bit and thats where the scabs came from. usually (when i fuck it up)it doesnt bleed tht much to where it would scab. however its been a week and now they are shrinking away and falling off in the shower when they are soggy and wet. i have no pain anymore so i put a 3/4 plug in. it goes in easily even with the scabs takin up some room inside. when it is in, u can see a bump where the biggest scab is but no scab shows outside the plug. Ive had 1 inch plugs for a year. i use Shea Butter, Cocoa butter, body oil combo on my ears and its always worked AMAZING wonders so i keep them oiled still. I wear heavy hemitite plugs everyday to the holes are loosey goosey anyway. i could easily fit a 1 inch plug with 3 or 4 wraps of tape in...

so my question is, can i re-stretch my ear back to 1 inch? i figure it would be the end of march b4 i could try to start taping again? my ears have survived more than 1 blow out each...(not bragging but i feel like im a good healer) is there anything more i can to do help my ear?
1" lobes
tongue pierced, and dermal implant under left eye
retired belly button, septum, nostril, madison, nipples, 4 cartilage, labret, dimples
AceWitThaLobes

by aBn » Sat Feb 23, 2013 7:35 pm

you got lucky it didnt rip all the way. i think you should be able to stretch back up it doesnt sound too bad. i would wait atleast 6-8 weeks and see how your lobe is then and if its completly healed slowly start taping back up :twisted:
HAVE:_ 5/8 "16mm" Lobes and 1 Tattoo__WANT:_2 full sleeves
aBn

by mouse2cat » Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:47 pm

Don't try to wear plugs when you still have scabs on the inside of your lobes! you need to let that go naked and give it a chance to heal or you might get some really bad thinning down the road. It's hard to asses your situation without pictures.
mouse2cat

Return to Aftercare, Healing and Safety