Ear infection!

Forum rules
NO SPAM

by luk12392 » Thu Nov 22, 2012 3:26 pm

Hi all,

So I had my ears stretched 14mm-9/16 for about 4 years now. I try to care for them as much as I can, I take the plugs off everyday wash them with soap while taking a shower then I dry them well and apply emu oil or vitamin E oil and put in clean plugs.

My left ear got infected, I don't know why and how is this possible as I clean it everyday. So I took out the plug for a few days and clean it wit warm salty water but no results so I went to d doctor and he suggested Altargo antibiotic cream for seven days. Its been two days now and it seems to make good progress.

So the question is, am I gonna lose my size and have to go back 4 years and stretch again?! or I can do something to get it back as it was?! I think I'm putting a 10mm plug and then maybe 12mm while its healing till the 7th day of healing process.

I stretched my 14's in less then a year! I've been with my stretched ears for 4 years and never had a problem!
So I solved the problem after all by applying antibiotic cream for 7 days meanwhile wearing 12mm plugs till it healed and then back with 14mm when it was fully healed!

its been 3 weeks now and till yesterday everything was fine but today I found some mucus scab and took off the plug because it feels like its gonna be infected again and I cant understand why this is happening!! ;(

Hope to get some answers,

Thanks guys!
luk12392

by corazon_de_oro » Thu Nov 22, 2012 11:49 pm

Infections are actually pretty rare so if you had an infection before you're probably not getting one again. Irritation is much more common. If you got to 14mm in a year you stretched too fast, which could be why. At that size your ears probably won't shrink all the way. You don't have to take your plugs out completely, just downsize for a while (a few months would be ideal). Wait for them to heal, then do some oil massages to break down scar tissue. You'll be fine.

Sorry if I didn't answer all your questions, it's Thanksgiving and I'm cooking food so I kind of just skimmed through it for now. :P
I'm Lindsay.
I have 1/2" lobes and 11 piercings: left helix x2, both conches, both nostrils, septum, navel, and VCH.
My lobes are small but I know a lot about stretching and how to do it safely, so message me if you have any questions!
corazon_de_oro

by akPhilly » Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:37 am

Did your doctor also mention using a hot compress at all? Alot of times,that can help because heat can help draw any pus or fluid that may be inside out of it.
AkPhilly,
Philadelphia,PA
3/4" (19mm) earlobes
14g industrial
12g tongue
7 tattoos
retired septum (though considering resurrecting it :),monroe,navel

WANT: both conchs,& microdermal,& more tattoos!
akPhilly

Return to Aftercare, Healing and Safety