whats best to wear for winter??

Forum rules
NO SPAM

by AceWitThaLobes » Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:43 pm

what materials are best for winter wear?? my ears get REALLY REALLY COLD even b4 i started stretching, like numb cold..
i was on youtube the other day and i saw where this guy at (i cant remember exactly how large) a size where his lobes touch his shoulders said he "lost one lobe" to frostbite!!! i dont wanna go out the same way, so what materials conduct the least cold or absorb a good amount of heat? I wear beanies to cover my ears already? u think some hand warmers in there would help??
1" lobes
tongue pierced, and dermal implant under left eye
retired belly button, septum, nostril, madison, nipples, 4 cartilage, labret, dimples
AceWitThaLobes

by corazon_de_oro » Tue Nov 13, 2012 6:23 pm

Pretty much anything but metal. It seems like silicone would be the least cold because your body heat can warm it more easily, but of course you'll want to change to glass, steel, or titanium sometimes, like when you're at home. You could also get a pair of earmuffs or a hat with flaps.
I'm Lindsay.
I have 1/2" lobes and 11 piercings: left helix x2, both conches, both nostrils, septum, navel, and VCH.
My lobes are small but I know a lot about stretching and how to do it safely, so message me if you have any questions!
corazon_de_oro

by akPhilly » Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:12 pm

you know,I didn't even think of that-this time last winter,I was a way smaller size,& I live in Philly,so it's cooled down alot here,but it's still not winter,& it gets pretty cold here.I would think when it's cold,your ears freeze regardless of if they're stretched or not,but I would have to assume that wearing the squishy silicone ones would be most comfortable,since they're not only soft,but won't get uncomfortable if you wear a hat or something where your ears may be pressed against it.Or if you wore a harder material,maybe something that didn't have a very long wearable,since I'd assume that if you've got something covering your ears,something w/a longer wearable might press against your neck & get uncomfortable.
But I think if it were to get that cold & I'd have a hat on,I'll just wear my Kaos stuff,because they fit so well;I've noticed that the no name silicone brands tend to be too long,or the flares are too big,or for me anyway,they can feel itchy.
AkPhilly,
Philadelphia,PA
3/4" (19mm) earlobes
14g industrial
12g tongue
7 tattoos
retired septum (though considering resurrecting it :),monroe,navel

WANT: both conchs,& microdermal,& more tattoos!
akPhilly

by AceWitThaLobes » Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:39 pm

thanks! :D I'll wear the silicone. i got a new hat today that covers my ears and the silicone is quite comfy to wear underneath.
1" lobes
tongue pierced, and dermal implant under left eye
retired belly button, septum, nostril, madison, nipples, 4 cartilage, labret, dimples
AceWitThaLobes

by mouse2cat » Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:13 pm

I feel like wood would be a warm material as well. Although the silicone is probably great under hats. I have noticed that my glass hanging designs can get a bit chilly and it isn't even very cold where I live.
mouse2cat

Return to Aftercare, Healing and Safety