Is Taking Plugs Out At Night REALLY Good?

Forum rules
NO SPAM

by AceWitThaLobes » Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:31 pm

I take my 1 inch plugs out to sleep every night. i notice if i dont put them in right away after i wake up (within the 1st 10-15 minutes) its kinda hard to get them in. Like if i wake at 9am and dont get them in till 11am the hole seems to have shrunk a bit. I can get them in with a oil massage and a teeny bit of patients and some squeezing around the flare. I started using silicone eyelets to open in the mornings (after oil massage) and its still kinda tight...almost like im re-stretching every morning. its leading to some minor soreness on one lobe at the bottom. what can i do to prevent this without risking thinning my ears out from wearing plugs 24/7
1" lobes
tongue pierced, and dermal implant under left eye
retired belly button, septum, nostril, madison, nipples, 4 cartilage, labret, dimples
AceWitThaLobes

by deviantxy » Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:58 am

Maybe instead of taking them out at night take them out for a few hours a day while your awake then put the silicone eyelets in at night since they have more give. That's what I have been doing but I'm as a smaller size so I guess just see what works for you.
Have______________________
Lobes 00G (9mm)

Want______________________
1/2in Lobes
16g-14g Snakebites
deviantxy

by mouse2cat » Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:18 pm

I know a lot of people swear by the benefits of sleeping naked, but if they are shrinking too much you may go for a couple of naked hours in the evening and then sleep with plugs in. I think you could potentially irritate, scratch the fistula if you aren't careful and you are trying to insert earrings that are too tight. I'd avoid that risk if possible. Mind you my ears are at their 6g goal size so I am just sharing what I have heard from other people.
mouse2cat

by corazon_de_oro » Sat Nov 17, 2012 4:12 am

I agree with sleeping in silicone. Do you have any earskins? They're pretty much the next best thing to naked lobes.
I'm Lindsay.
I have 1/2" lobes and 11 piercings: left helix x2, both conches, both nostrils, septum, navel, and VCH.
My lobes are small but I know a lot about stretching and how to do it safely, so message me if you have any questions!
corazon_de_oro

by Smoottie » Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:07 pm

I personally wouldn't do it, because mine tend to shrink quite fast, so I don't think I'd be able to put my jewellery back in..
I agree with the others, wearing silicone eyelets would probably be better, as long as you're not allergic to it. I can't wear them for longer amounts of time because my skin doesn't like silicone :(
Smoottie

by AceWitThaLobes » Tue Nov 20, 2012 2:10 pm

i've been sleeping with the silicone in, its working out well. i take my plugs out for 4 hours a day, an hour at a time. 1 day a week i sleep naked and its not too bad getting them in the nxt morning. im thinking i will slowly move to 3 days a week naked. i think the daily in and out squeeze will probably be doing more harm than good every night. but the silicone is plenty comfy. thanks guys!
1" lobes
tongue pierced, and dermal implant under left eye
retired belly button, septum, nostril, madison, nipples, 4 cartilage, labret, dimples
AceWitThaLobes

Return to Aftercare, Healing and Safety