Am I allergic?

Forum rules
NO SPAM

by Ellen_Pineapple » Fri Nov 02, 2012 11:57 pm

Hi, I stretched to an 8mm/0g about 2 weeks ago and yesterday I bought a new horn plug. Putting it in yesterday took about 15 minutes and after that my ear was really hurting but I thought that was normal because I spent so long trying to put it in, then about 20-25 minutes later my ear was really hurting so I decided to take it out for a few hours and I put my normal tunnel back in, my ear was red and raw but it had stopped hurting.

A few hours later I lubed it up with Bio Oil and it went in straight away without a hitch, I only noticed a problem when I put the o-rings back on and it stung like mad, it felt like a sharp stabbing pain and my ear was incredibly hot, so I was wondering whether I was allergic to this type of material or it just that its a different style to what my ear is used to and this is its own way of getting used to it.
Any help would be great thanks :)
Ellen

Have
Both lobes pierced
Right stretched 10mm
Industrial right ear
Reverse lobe left ear

Want
Labret
2nd lobe both ears
Gill
Ellen_Pineapple

by corazon_de_oro » Sat Nov 03, 2012 12:42 am

Have you checked to see if it's bigger than your other plugs? Materials like horn, bone, stone, etc are harder to make the correct size so sometimes they're a little off.
How was your stretch? Did you have any pain or problems? If so they might still be healing and the horn might've irritated them.
I'm Lindsay.
I have 1/2" lobes and 11 piercings: left helix x2, both conches, both nostrils, septum, navel, and VCH.
My lobes are small but I know a lot about stretching and how to do it safely, so message me if you have any questions!
corazon_de_oro

by deviantxy » Sat Nov 03, 2012 7:35 am

I second what Lindsay said. Many times the sizes on organic jewellery is off sometimes larger sometimes smaller. I have a hard time putting in wood plugs at my current size because even with oil they still seem to grip but I can put it in at a smaller size. Your ear is probably sore from being stretched and tugged on. I would wait until your lobes come accustomed to your current size a bit longer then lube well and try again. Don't spend too much time struggling to get something in if it doesn't seems to fit just wait a week or so then try again. Otherwise you will just end up pissing your ears off and setting yourself back. Trust me I know from experience.
Have______________________
Lobes 00G (9mm)

Want______________________
1/2in Lobes
16g-14g Snakebites
deviantxy

by Ellen_Pineapple » Sat Nov 03, 2012 7:54 am

corazon_de_oro wrote:Have you checked to see if it's bigger than your other plugs? Materials like horn, bone, stone, etc are harder to make the correct size so sometimes they're a little off.
How was your stretch? Did you have any pain or problems? If so they might still be healing and the horn might've irritated them.

I didn't think to check the size at all but I will. My stretch to 8mm was very painful, it took one and a half days to do it because I couldn't stand the pain. I was thought about whether it was because it was too much of a recent stretch before putting the plug in.
Ellen

Have
Both lobes pierced
Right stretched 10mm
Industrial right ear
Reverse lobe left ear

Want
Labret
2nd lobe both ears
Gill
Ellen_Pineapple

by Ellen_Pineapple » Sat Nov 03, 2012 7:58 am

deviantxy wrote:I second what Lindsay said. Many times the sizes on organic jewellery is off sometimes larger sometimes smaller. I have a hard time putting in wood plugs at my current size because even with oil they still seem to grip but I can put it in at a smaller size. Your ear is probably sore from being stretched and tugged on. I would wait until your lobes come accustomed to your current size a bit longer then lube well and try again. Don't spend too much time struggling to get something in if it doesn't seems to fit just wait a week or so then try again. Otherwise you will just end up pissing your ears off and setting yourself back. Trust me I know from experience.

Okay thanks, but how come it only hurts when both o-rings are one the plug? Would it be that it is secure in my ear and that's what is irritating them?
Ellen

Have
Both lobes pierced
Right stretched 10mm
Industrial right ear
Reverse lobe left ear

Want
Labret
2nd lobe both ears
Gill
Ellen_Pineapple

by aBn » Sat Nov 03, 2012 8:32 am

stretching should not hurt. if you have that much of a problem u need to wait longer. i know waiting sucks but you will be happy u did :twisted:
HAVE:_ 5/8 "16mm" Lobes and 1 Tattoo__WANT:_2 full sleeves
aBn

by corazon_de_oro » Sat Nov 03, 2012 6:49 pm

Yeah, I'd say you're still having problems with the stretch, especially if it was only 2 weeks ago. Stretching shouldn't be painful and it definitely shouldn't be done over the course of a day or so... if you can't get the next size in right away you're not ready to stretch. But 2G-0G is too big of a jump for anybody IMO. If I were you I'd downsize back to 2G and get some 1G plugs.
About the o-rings, how tight are you wearing them?
I'm Lindsay.
I have 1/2" lobes and 11 piercings: left helix x2, both conches, both nostrils, septum, navel, and VCH.
My lobes are small but I know a lot about stretching and how to do it safely, so message me if you have any questions!
corazon_de_oro

by Ellen_Pineapple » Sun Nov 04, 2012 1:58 pm

corazon_de_oro wrote:Yeah, I'd say you're still having problems with the stretch, especially if it was only 2 weeks ago. Stretching shouldn't be painful and it definitely shouldn't be done over the course of a day or so... if you can't get the next size in right away you're not ready to stretch. But 2G-0G is too big of a jump for anybody IMO. If I were you I'd downsize back to 2G and get some 1G plugs.
About the o-rings, how tight are you wearing them?

I'm not really sure, you can't really tighten the o-rings because there is only enough room to put them on not enough to move them around, if that makes any sense haha but the only problem with going back to 1g that my local shops don't do anything 1g, so that would mean getting my parents to buy them on line for me and they don't exactly agree with me stretching my ear, so that is a problem aswell
Ellen

Have
Both lobes pierced
Right stretched 10mm
Industrial right ear
Reverse lobe left ear

Want
Labret
2nd lobe both ears
Gill
Ellen_Pineapple

by corazon_de_oro » Sun Nov 04, 2012 4:43 pm

Hmm. I'm not sure about the o-rings unless they're cutting into your ear. It definitely doesn't sound like an allergic reaction, that would usually be more itching than anything.
Some shops will order things for you if you ask so that might be worth a shot. You could also try taping.
At the very least, get some 0G plugs in a different material (glass, titanium, or steel) if you can't downsize.
I'm Lindsay.
corazon_de_oro

by Ellen_Pineapple » Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:10 pm

corazon_de_oro wrote:Hmm. I'm not sure about the o-rings unless they're cutting into your ear. It definitely doesn't sound like an allergic reaction, that would usually be more itching than anything.
Some shops will order things for you if you ask so that might be worth a shot. You could also try taping.
At the very least, get some 0G plugs in a different material (glass, titanium, or steel) if you can't downsize.

Okay, thanks I think I might do the last option it would be a lot easier for me :) but thanks for the advice though :)
Ellen

Have
Both lobes pierced
Right stretched 10mm
Industrial right ear
Reverse lobe left ear

Want
Labret
2nd lobe both ears
Gill
Ellen_Pineapple

Next