If you can fit double flares in a fresh stretch is it okay?

Forum rules
NO SPAM

by EmeryValentine » Thu Nov 01, 2012 6:18 am

so, I posted like 2 days ago about these wrinkles in my ears. I asked my 2 piercers today, and they both said it's natural wrinkles. They said it's fine to keep stretching, just keep doing massages, and take my time, and it will even out as it gets bigger.

Anyways, I only had these double flared 6g plugs, and I have been at 8g for probably almost 7 weeks. I could fit them in fine and it feels like I still have room is the weird part. But, my ears were recently at 2g before I downsized back to 8g because of the fear of that wrinkle. Anyways I was using these black glass plugs for 8g that are basically 7g is what my piercer said, so it should be fine to use these steel double flared 6g's if there was no bleeding, or resistance right?

I know I'm not supposed to, but it's the only plugs I had for 6g, and I was kind of pissed I downsized for no reason. I have single flares for everything down to 00g, just not the 6gs.

So, is this okay? (IT IS STEEL double-flares, not acrylic or plastic crap)
EmeryValentine

by EmeryValentine » Thu Nov 01, 2012 6:20 am

Oh and they screw off/on. so I dont just put the entire thing through.
EmeryValentine

by corazon_de_oro » Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:46 pm

Are they screw-on tunnels like this?

Those are single-flares since you don't actually put the flare through your ear. They're fine to wear in a fresh stretch, but if it's a brand new stretch I'd make sure they're internally threaded like the ones in the picture rather than externally threaded.
I'm Lindsay.
I have 1/2" lobes and 11 piercings: left helix x2, both conches, both nostrils, septum, navel, and VCH.
My lobes are small but I know a lot about stretching and how to do it safely, so message me if you have any questions!
corazon_de_oro

by EmeryValentine » Fri Nov 02, 2012 2:06 am

corazon_de_oro wrote:Are they screw-on tunnels like this?

Those are single-flares since you don't actually put the flare through your ear. They're fine to wear in a fresh stretch, but if it's a brand new stretch I'd make sure they're internally threaded like the ones in the picture rather than externally threaded.

Yeah they unscrew on/off. It is external though :S It's been a day, no problems from my lobes or anything. Should be fine though, right?
EmeryValentine

by EmeryValentine » Fri Nov 02, 2012 2:16 am

Wait it is external :D
EmeryValentine

by corazon_de_oro » Fri Nov 02, 2012 5:25 pm

Yeah, I mean if they're in there now there's nothing to worry about, it's just that sometimes when the threading is on the outside of the tunnel (external) it can cut you going in/out, which is why internally threaded jewelry is better for all piercings.
I'm Lindsay.
I have 1/2" lobes and 11 piercings: left helix x2, both conches, both nostrils, septum, navel, and VCH.
My lobes are small but I know a lot about stretching and how to do it safely, so message me if you have any questions!
corazon_de_oro

by EmeryValentine » Sat Nov 03, 2012 7:51 pm

Oh I see, because of the screw right?
EmeryValentine

Return to Aftercare, Healing and Safety