Ear Lobe Infection

Forum rules
NO SPAM

by rocklesson86 » Mon Sep 17, 2012 4:32 am

Lately I have been getting a reaction on my ear lobes when I stretch my ears out. I start getting bumps and the lobe starts to get crusty. So I just give up on stretching them out. Also is it supposed to hurt when you try to go up a size bigger?
rocklesson86

by corazon_de_oro » Mon Sep 17, 2012 5:30 am

If it hurts and gets crusty, you're going too fast. Slow down until you can put the next size in without pain or resistance. It's very unlikely that you have an infection. Actually I would almost guarantee that you don't unless you're having extreme swelling, bright redness, or pus (don't confuse pus with lymph, lymph is a whitish fluid and is perfectly normal). It would also be smelly and hot to the touch.
What material are you using? If it's anything but high quality steel, glass, or titanium you could be having a reaction to it.

If I were you I'd downsize a couple of sizes and let your ears relax. Get a pair of single-flare or no-flare plugs in a high quality material. Also remember to never wear tapers as jewelry after a stretch, and leave about 6-8 weeks between sizes or until it doesn't hurt/you don't have to force it.
I'm Lindsay.
I have 1/2" lobes and 11 piercings: left helix x2, both conches, both nostrils, septum, navel, and VCH.
My lobes are small but I know a lot about stretching and how to do it safely, so message me if you have any questions!
corazon_de_oro

by rocklesson86 » Tue Sep 18, 2012 7:45 am

My ear lobe started to bleed and I did have a little pus. I am using Steel and titanium. I am also not using the flared tapers and leaving as the main earring. I think I am going leave my ear alone for now. Clean it and let it heal back to a decent size. Then I will start over and do the waiting game in between for 8 weeks like you said.

Image Left Front

Image Right Front
rocklesson86

by rocklesson86 » Tue Sep 18, 2012 8:32 am

That last three are the backs of my ear. I don't one which is the clearest to you.
rocklesson86

by corazon_de_oro » Tue Sep 18, 2012 2:57 pm

They don't really look infected or even irritated to me. I can't see the last three pictures because they got cut off right where your earlobe is. It looks like you have some scar tissue (which causes the wrinkles) so when your lobes are no longer irritated you might want to start doing oil massages. I don't think it'd be necessary to completely start over unless you want to, maybe just go down a couple sizes. I hope they improve, good luck!
I'm Lindsay.
I have 1/2" lobes and 11 piercings: left helix x2, both conches, both nostrils, septum, navel, and VCH.
My lobes are small but I know a lot about stretching and how to do it safely, so message me if you have any questions!
corazon_de_oro

by rocklesson86 » Thu Sep 20, 2012 4:18 am

All thank you for your help.
rocklesson86

Return to Aftercare, Healing and Safety