Trauma to the ear

Forum rules
NO SPAM

by BrittneeGraves » Thu Sep 13, 2012 8:18 pm

I had just stretched to a 6g in both ears when my daughters literally fell with all body weight on my right ear (maybe 8 hours after I freshly stretched them). The next day at work it started to slightly bleed and got really swollen. I downsized to an 8g when I got home but it just continued to bleed (wasn't bright red blood, more like pink). I panicked completely when I looked at the back of my ear and there was bruising and took the plug out completely. I've been doing soaks with sea salt, massaging with vitamin e and putting neosporin on it as well for about 3 weeks now. It's started to look better and actually shrunk back to almost normal size. I just recently stretched to a 12g in that ear, do you think my ear held up its elasticity to get to a 6g quickly or should I pace myself? I normally waited about 4-6 weeks between each stretch.

Thank you and any advice to help with stretching with a toddler child would be appreciated lol :)
BrittneeGraves

by Boricua » Thu Sep 13, 2012 9:07 pm

I would go back with the standard process, take your time don't rush it especially since there is still fresh scar tissue. As far as stretching with a toddler my daughter is 9 months and LOVES daddy's ears so if you get some good answers on that one please share.
Boricua

by aBn » Thu Sep 13, 2012 9:14 pm

Pace yourself and give your ear time to fully heal, i would wait 6-8 weeks before u try strtching again. if u rush it you could set yourself back even more. as for the kids i would wear single flare glass and not tunnels or anything they can grab ahold of easy. GOOD LUCK :twisted:
HAVE:_ 5/8 "16mm" Lobes and 1 Tattoo__WANT:_2 full sleeves
aBn

Return to Aftercare, Healing and Safety