Angry ear or my fault?

Forum rules
NO SPAM

by KateBabes » Thu Sep 13, 2012 3:50 am

Hiya everyone :) I'm currently at 2G and have been since May, so a good 4 months now! I've been wearing a stainless steel tunnel for most of that time. I tried to stretch up to 0G yesterday and expected it to go straight through (silly me!) but it stopped at about 7mm. My ear was quite swollen and stinging a bit. Is that normal? I had a struggle undoing my tunnel so I stressed my ear out a bit so it was bright red and swollen to start with! I left the taper (acrylic) half way through for a few hours to see if my ear would calm down a bit and decided to downsize back to 2G for now as it was still stinging.
So my question is, if I hadn't had such a kerfuffle with my plug, do you think it would've been fine? Or is it normal that it stopped just over half way?
Thanks babes xo
2G left ear - goal size 0G
Right labret
KateBabes

by bradykay90 » Thu Sep 13, 2012 4:56 am

Its a 2mm stretch try finding a set of 1g plugs to help with that stretch idk what websites sale them but others on here do. And ur welcome babe lol
My left lobe is 1/2" my right is 00g.
bradykay90

by aBn » Thu Sep 13, 2012 5:19 am

Bodyartforms sells 1g and i would say u should try taping with bondage or ptfe tape for that size and not use tapers they can really tear up your lobes :twisted:
HAVE:_ 5/8 "16mm" Lobes and 1 Tattoo__WANT:_2 full sleeves
aBn

by sh4ky » Thu Sep 13, 2012 3:53 pm

^^^^^^agreed. Use tape not tapers. Especially starting around the sizes you are mentioning. Bondage tape is awesome, I find it better and more durable than PFTE. I use it on two of my three stretches and am about to start on my third with it, a 4g tunnel.
Clever got me this far, then tricky got me in

Piercings:
Left lobe- 00g first hole, 2g second hole
Right lobe- 0g
Right helix rim- 14g x3 around top
Right brow- 14g x 2
And others ;-) retired
sh4ky

by corazon_de_oro » Thu Sep 13, 2012 4:40 pm

I agree with the others about 1G, I believe it's absolutely essential because 2G-0G is just too big of a stretch for most people to make on their own. Try bodyartforms.com or crazy-factory.com.

I don't think there's anything wrong with using tapers as long as your ears are ready. You probably won't need one if your ears truly are ready to stretch but some people just prefer to use them. I've heard kingsbodyjewelry.com has 1G tapers for really cheap.
I'm Lindsay.
I have 1/2" lobes and 11 piercings: left helix x2, both conches, both nostrils, septum, navel, and VCH.
My lobes are small but I know a lot about stretching and how to do it safely, so message me if you have any questions!
corazon_de_oro

by KateBabes » Fri Sep 14, 2012 9:02 am

Thanks everyone. I'll leave my 2G tunnel in for a while longer just incase I did any damage. The tape method sounds good, I never thought to try that. I'll do some research and give it a go :)
2G left ear - goal size 0G
Right labret
KateBabes

Return to Aftercare, Healing and Safety