Whats your favorite oil?

Forum rules
NO SPAM

by aBn » Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:08 pm

ive been using emu oil and i just started trying jojoba oil to try to find which oil works best for my lobes. i was curious what is everyones favorite oil to massage their ears with :twisted:
HAVE:_ 5/8 "16mm" Lobes and 1 Tattoo__WANT:_2 full sleeves
aBn

by corazon_de_oro » Wed Sep 12, 2012 10:20 pm

Probably emu oil but I can't really tell much of a difference between any of them. I'd say emu oil probably makes my ears feel the softest and healthiest though.
I'm Lindsay.
I have 1/2" lobes and 11 piercings: left helix x2, both conches, both nostrils, septum, navel, and VCH.
My lobes are small but I know a lot about stretching and how to do it safely, so message me if you have any questions!
corazon_de_oro

by sh4ky » Wed Sep 12, 2012 10:57 pm

I've only ever used Bio Oil. And it makes my lobes as soft as a babies .... !

Well, pretty damn soft anyway. Never seen emu oil here.
Clever got me this far, then tricky got me in

Piercings:
Left lobe- 00g first hole, 2g second hole
Right lobe- 0g
Right helix rim- 14g x3 around top
Right brow- 14g x 2
And others ;-) retired
sh4ky

by DarkCustom13 » Wed Sep 12, 2012 11:56 pm

I like Holey Butter the best! I know its not technically an oil but it works the best for my ears! Since i started using it i swear my ears are ready to stretch much faster. I think it has a lot to do with it has many healing agents mixed in it. Its really great for scar tissue and irritated areas. Got pink holes that arn't ready to stretch yet use this with in in days you will see a difference! I dont mess with my lobes after a fresh stretch till about 3 weeks then i take them out when i shower clean my ears and then after my ears are dry i rub the Holey Butter in and put a little on the plugs when putting them back in. Works great!
DarkCustom13

by bradykay90 » Thu Sep 13, 2012 5:01 am

DarkCustom13 wrote:I like Holey Butter the best! I know its not technically an oil but it works the best for my ears! Since i started using it i swear my ears are ready to stretch much faster. I think it has a lot to do with it has many healing agents mixed in it. Its really great for scar tissue and irritated areas. Got pink holes that arn't ready to stretch yet use this with in in days you will see a difference! I dont mess with my lobes after a fresh stretch till about 3 weeks then i take them out when i shower clean my ears and then after my ears are dry i rub the Holey Butter in and put a little on the plugs when putting them back in. Works great!

Actually holey butr massages into an oil
My left lobe is 1/2" my right is 00g.
bradykay90

by deviantxy » Thu Sep 13, 2012 6:35 pm

I use a 50/50 mix of sweet almond oil and avocado oil. That's mostly because that's what I always have around anyway. I make soap with palm, coconut, olive, avocado and sweet almond oil which I mixed specifically for its moisturizing affects on skin. I've thought about making more of a cream for my ears using all of the above but I haven't gotten to it yet. It keeps my ears happy none the less.
Have______________________
Lobes 00G (9mm)

Want______________________
1/2in Lobes
16g-14g Snakebites
deviantxy

by Nicole143 » Fri Sep 14, 2012 11:27 pm

I have used both emu oil and coconut oil and I like them both. I currently use coconut oil, I buy it online from someone on etsy the stuff is great and its the real deal raw unprocessed stuff and works wonders and its cheaper than having to drive 45mins from my home uses a quarter tank of gas which is 10 dollars in my car, and emu oil is anywhere between 6 and 32 dollars. I only pay 5 bucks for a 5 oz jar I think it is, shipping is like 2 and comes to may house so all in all I am still paying less...
"No pictorial or sculptural combinations of points of human loveliness, do more than approach the living and breathing human beauty as it gladdens our daily path. "
Nicole143

by aBn » Wed Sep 26, 2012 12:36 am

So ive been trying new oils to see which i like the most and ive found out my lobes gets the softest with emu and vitamin e oil, i found jojoba to be a little too thin but it does work well. to the above poster i havent ever used bio oil but i have read its actually not good for your ears because the base is a mineral oil but like i said thats just something i have read so i dont know for sure. I was thinkin about making a blend of jojoba,emu and e oil and seeing how that works :twisted:
HAVE:_ 5/8 "16mm" Lobes and 1 Tattoo__WANT:_2 full sleeves
aBn

by c0astalb0y » Wed Sep 26, 2012 1:12 am

I LOVE STRETCHING BALM. it massages into an oil, its organic and stops your ear from drying out, itching, smelling and anti inflemmatory. :) LOVE IT! works wonders :D it has sweet almond oil, jojoba oil, wheat germ oil, tea tree oil & Myrhh Oil.

Sweet Almond Oil: Relives itching, soreness, and dryness
Jojoba Oil: Promotes new cell growth and is anti-bacterial
Wheat Germ Oil: Heals dry damaged skin and reduces scaring
Tea Tree Oil: Antiseptic, Anti-fungal, Anti-Inflammatory, cleans wounds, and repairs skin
Myrhh Oil: Anti-Microbial, Anti-fungal, and Antiseptic
c0astalb0y

by akPhilly » Wed Sep 26, 2012 3:55 am

I've been using Vitamin E lately.They don't have jojoba or emu oil at the drugstore near me,& I live in the city so I don't have a car,& the nearest health food store that I know of,I have to go out of my way to get to.They have tea tree at the drugstore near my house,but it's pretty expensive,& the vitamin E seems to work fine,but next time I'm in the neighborhood where the health food store is at,I may pick up a bottle of jojoba to compare it to the vitamin e & see which I like better.The piercing place I get my glass plugs I use for new stretches is in that neighborhood anyway,so next time I need to go there.
AkPhilly,
Philadelphia,PA
3/4" (19mm) earlobes
14g industrial
12g tongue
7 tattoos
retired septum (though considering resurrecting it :),monroe,navel

WANT: both conchs,& microdermal,& more tattoos!
akPhilly

Return to Aftercare, Healing and Safety