Is everyones ears different in stretching?

Forum rules
NO SPAM

by heerokoseru » Sun Sep 09, 2012 7:17 am

Okay, so I've done my research and came back of course. Anyways, I was impatient before, and shoved a 2g in my freshly stretched 4g. Anyways, I downsized back to an 8g, because I was highly worried about the swelling. Anyways, I went to my piercer. I posted this once before, but I had a problem with the back of my ear being red ever since I've had it pierced. Mind you, my piercers ears are well over an inch stretched, he doesn't used any oil based lubes, or tapers. He's the best piercer in my state.

I suppose he uses "old stretching" method. He told me vitamin E, emu oil, and all that other stuff is does not do anything for the most part the only important part is the massaging part, which I understand. He told me most of the "holy butter" and other lubes are just overpriced massaging oils, or used to stretch in impatient people. He told me to never use tapers, because it's not necessary. I should wait till my ear is naturally stretched, and just put in the next plug, as long as there is absolutely no pain, or resistance. He said 4-6 weeks is typical, but 8 weeks is not unheard of.

Anyways the red on the back of my ear, was caused from the o-ring. He told me to keep it out during the day, and check on it, but when i sleep just put them barely on the back. Anyways, the red has been slowly going away. Pretty much my big issue is, he told me "stretch when your body is ready. there is no need for tapers, or overpriced oil. if your ears are naturally ready they just are at the smaller sizes. use teflon tape, on bondage at bigger sizes, but do not rush the tape." So pretty much, I've been letting my ears rest from that swelling for about 5 weeks, and today I put in my 6g tunnels. They went in easily, no pain, swelling, bruising, bleeding, or anything. In only 5 weeks.

Most of my stretches in the past i did in about 4 weeks each time, and they went in without problems until I got curious if I was even stretching my ears, or not and decided to be a dumbass and shove a 2g in. So, my question is if they are fine after 4 weeks and I can put it in without a problem, is it really necessary I wait a full month? Seriously, I can pull on my ears, twist, and everything. Absolutely no pain at all. I'm just going by what he said, since his lobes are damn well thick for his size. "It doesn't matter if it only took 2 weeks, if it is ready to be stretched it is ready, just never force it in, and you will be fine."

What's your opinion? Leave anything, I don't care. I'm just looking for feedback, please make sure if you're going to criticize, which is totally fine! just do it constructively, and tell me why.

If you're wondering what my goal size is, it's half an inch, but possibly a bit more since I'm going to be an apprentice soon. :) :mrgreen:
heerokoseru

by bradykay90 » Sun Sep 09, 2012 2:53 pm

Go back up to 6g and wait. Acouple.of.months before stretching again. When u downsize from a messed up stretch u can downsize 2 sizes
My left lobe is 1/2" my right is 00g.
bradykay90

by heerokoseru » Sun Sep 09, 2012 6:01 pm

bradykay90 wrote:Go back up to 6g and wait. Acouple.of.months before stretching again. When u downsize from a messed up stretch u can downsize 2 sizes

Thank you, for your input. :)
heerokoseru

by corazon_de_oro » Sun Sep 09, 2012 9:18 pm

I agree and disagree with your piercer... he is right, when your ears are ready to stretch they should stretch easily with no pain or resistance. Also, you SHOULD be able to dead stretch but some people just prefer using a taper. I disagree about the oils... While the massaging IS more important than the product you use, oils like vitamin E, jojoba, emu, etc. are great for your skin and maintaining healthy lobes.

Some people can stretch slightly faster than others and if you really can put in the next size with no pain or resistance it's fine. Just be careful and don't rush it too much, though. I would say 4 weeks is the absolute minimum anyone should ever wait, with 6-8+ weeks being ideal. It's always better for your ears to wait longer.
I'm Lindsay.
I have 1/2" lobes and 11 piercings: left helix x2, both conches, both nostrils, septum, navel, and VCH.
My lobes are small but I know a lot about stretching and how to do it safely, so message me if you have any questions!
corazon_de_oro

by heerokoseru » Mon Sep 10, 2012 2:33 pm

corazon_de_oro wrote:I agree and disagree with your piercer... he is right, when your ears are ready to stretch they should stretch easily with no pain or resistance. Also, you SHOULD be able to dead stretch but some people just prefer using a taper. I disagree about the oils... While the massaging IS more important than the product you use, oils like vitamin E, jojoba, emu, etc. are great for your skin and maintaining healthy lobes.

Some people can stretch slightly faster than others and if you really can put in the next size with no pain or resistance it's fine. Just be careful and don't rush it too much, though. I would say 4 weeks is the absolute minimum anyone should ever wait, with 6-8+ weeks being ideal. It's always better for your ears to wait longer.

Thanks Lindsay. I always value your opinions, and facts. (:
heerokoseru

by Wainith » Tue Oct 23, 2012 5:14 pm

Deffinitly man, i had my 32mm for 2-3 weeks and my 34m went in easy and comfortably, just massage with any of the oils ( all the same to me haha ) and stay safe, dont see the need for tapers atall.
But i will deffinitly be waiting 4-6 weeks before i go for 36m just incase.
But when you are ready you are ready, waiting longer is just better tho
Left ear - 40m
Wainith

by akPhilly » Fri Oct 26, 2012 11:21 am

Alot of what he said is similar to what they say at the place I go to,which is highly respected,& the only place to go in the Philadelphia area in my opinion,possibly even in the state & surrounding states as well.They never use tapers,& say if you need one than the ear isn't ready to be stretched.If you want them to put the next larger jewelry in for you,if it hasn't been at least 6-8+ weeks,they won't do it.But that's not to say that everyone heals the same,& that's not what they're saying.But even if you're just buying plugs,they still recommend waiting that long.Some seem fine after a shorter time,but I guess it never hurts to wait.
As far as the lubricant issue goes,the way I feel about it is unnecessary or not,it's like,why not use it.It seems to make it a bit easier,no matter how long you've waited,& it can't harm anything,so why not.But as far as the Holey Butter & all,some seem to swear by it,I've never used it myself,so I can't say,but I was kind of wondering about if it was something like your piercer said.My $5 Vitamin E oil works just fine,so I stick with it.And I personally hate ptfe tape,& for me it seemed to cause alot of friction & irritation(with 1 wrap,so it wasn't because I used too much or didn't wait long enough).I think bondage tape is highly superior to ptfe,because it's slippery & doesn't get all bunched up.I was afraid of any tape after trying ptfe tape,but the place I go to said the bondage tape would be fine,& that they recommend it over ptfe.I could see why after using it,it's so much better.But some do have success with it,& I'd never tell someone they were wrong & how horrible something is when it obviously worked for them (Hate when people do that,just as much as I hate people that will say do this,don't do that,or that's bad,& then never give you a reason for it.My suspicions-they don't have one.Even if what they're saying is correct,they don't know the reason,& are likely repeating what they've heard in order to sound knowledgeable.I couldn't imagine telling someone what's good & bad without knowing the reasoning behind it!)

But I think everyone does heal differently for sure,& probably when they give a timeframe,it's probably more like an average time that's safe for most people,but everyone's different.
AkPhilly,
Philadelphia,PA
3/4" (19mm) earlobes
14g industrial
12g tongue
7 tattoos
retired septum (though considering resurrecting it :),monroe,navel

WANT: both conchs,& microdermal,& more tattoos!
akPhilly

Return to Aftercare, Healing and Safety