impossible to stretch w/o damage

Forum rules
NO SPAM

by corazon_de_oro » Tue Aug 28, 2012 11:05 am

I would argue that anyone can stretch painlessly if they wait long enough between sizes. Along the lines of what Jayne said, if something isn't supposed to be painful, it doesn't matter what a person's pain tolerance is. If two people stretch at the same speed and one person has pain while the other one doesn't, does it mean the person who had pain has a lower pain tolerance? No, it means their ears weren't ready to stretch.

Also, there's a big difference between natural wrinkles in healthy lobes and cat butt. Here's an example of what the wrinkles in your ears should not look like:
I'm Lindsay.
I have 1/2" lobes and 11 piercings: left helix x2, both conches, both nostrils, septum, navel, and VCH.
My lobes are small but I know a lot about stretching and how to do it safely, so message me if you have any questions!
corazon_de_oro

by AceWitThaLobes » Tue Aug 28, 2012 2:36 pm

ive been doing some reading and i find it very curious how nearly EVERYONE says
"stretching never should hurt"
"stretching should never leave any scar tissue"
"blow outs and cat but are a sign tht u have unhealthy lobes"

i have a problem with these statements.
1. HOW can SOMEONE ELSE gauge pain of another person? "not hurt" could be uncomfortable to me but what i say "doesn't hurt" may be excruciating to someone else. i cant wear heels all day cuz it hurts, some women wear them 24/7 w/o pain.

2. if you are STICKING SOMETHING IN A HOLE THAT U WERE NOT BORN WITH NO MATTER HOW SMALL OR LARGE IT IS U ARE BOUND TO HAVE SOME EFFECT ON THE SKIN. theres no way u can tell me that putting a 00 plug in a hole that wasnt even there to begin with doesnt cause some kinda damage. even piercing (puttin a hole where it wasnt one and biologically speaking where there SHOULDNT be one)is DAMAGE to the skin. period. theres no way around that.
then u keep making the hole bigger and bigger? u mean to tell me that there's not supposed to be any visible sign that u were not born with a 1 inch hole (or however big) in ur lobe??

3. blowouts and cat butt are (in my humble opinion) just scars, like stretchmarks. theres nothing u can do to prevent blowouts but go slowly (for blowouts, tears, rips etc,) but as far as cat butt goes ive NEVER EVER EVER SEEN IN LIFE ANYONE WITH STRETCHED LOBES BEYOND 0 THAT DIDNT HAVE SOME TYPE OF CAT BUTT. ive see HUNDREDS if not THOUSANDS of people with stretched lobes from all walks of life. pros, do-it-yourself ppl, random teens, grown people, all HAD SOME KINDA CAT BUTT. unless its a new dermal punch, it had cat butt (at least a lil teeny bit). its my theory that its the skins natural reaction to being stretched and then loosend. YOUR HOLE ISNT THE SAME SIZE WITH THE PLUG OUT AS IT IS WHEN ITS IN. because the plug FULLY STRETCHES THE SKIN ALL THE WAY OUT. when u take it out the skin RELAXES and WRINKLES because the skin isnt gonna just DISSAPPEAR OR ABSORB back in......is skin thts relaxing after being stretched. of COURSE ITS GONNA WRINKLE DUHHHHH PEOPLE!

in conclusion, its just really gettin on my nerves how critical people are of others stretches. NOBODY HAS PERFECT UNWRINKLED BABY SMOOTH EARS if they have been stretching. and if u DO have PERFECTLY ROUND UN WRINKLED HOLES that HAVE NOT been punched and that are ABOVE a size 0, id very much like to see it. take the plug out and snap a pic RIGHT AFTER the plug is out. i guarantee there will be no one who can honestly make that claim. might have some ppl CHEAT and leave them out for a while then snap the pic after a oil massage or something....but that dont count. NOBODY HAS PERFECTLY ROUND COOKIE CUTTER EARS UNLESS THEY USED A COOKIE CUTTER.
1" lobes
tongue pierced, and dermal implant under left eye
retired belly button, septum, nostril, madison, nipples, 4 cartilage, labret, dimples
AceWitThaLobes

by Evlesoa » Tue Aug 28, 2012 3:47 pm

Let me rebuke this argument and explain.

AceWitThaLobes wrote:1. HOW can SOMEONE ELSE gauge pain of another person? "not hurt" could be uncomfortable to me but what i say "doesn't hurt" may be excruciating to someone else. i cant wear heels all day cuz it hurts, some women wear them 24/7 w/o pain.

No one is gauging anyone's pain. You are the only one who can decide if it hurts or not. If you say it hurts, or bleeds, or otherwise, then you're doing it FUCKING WRONG. No questions about it. It's FINE to have some discomfort. I've had discomfort when I tried to put in a new sized gauge or after shower. It's OK to have some discomfort. When the pain lasts more than a couple seconds, and doesn't immediately subside, then there's a PROBLEM. Take the fucking thing out. Simple as that. If you tell us you are hurting, you're not doing it right. DISCOMFORT does NOT equal pain. Pain is the uncomfortable sensation that you don't want to bear. Id est, it means SUFFERING, misery. Understand?

AceWitThaLobes wrote:2. if you are STICKING SOMETHING IN A HOLE THAT U WERE NOT BORN WITH NO MATTER HOW SMALL OR LARGE IT IS U ARE BOUND TO HAVE SOME EFFECT ON THE SKIN. theres no way u can tell me that putting a 00 plug in a hole that wasnt even there to begin with doesnt cause some kinda damage. even piercing (puttin a hole where it wasnt one and biologically speaking where there SHOULDNT be one)is DAMAGE to the skin. period. theres no way around that.
then u keep making the hole bigger and bigger? u mean to tell me that there's not supposed to be any visible sign that u were not born with a 1 inch hole (or however big) in ur lobe??

No shit. It doesn't mean it has to hurt, though. Actually, you're NOT damaging your skin by inserting something larger. Not at all. All you are doing is taking advantage of the natural elasticity and forcing your body to get used to it; like braces, you can say. You're not damaging your teeth or bone, you are simply moving your teeth around in a slow way, that isn't hurtful. I guarantee if you take an xray of my teeth before and after, there's NO damage to my jaw bone from having braces.

AceWitThaLobes wrote:3. blowouts and cat butt are (in my humble opinion) just scars, like stretchmarks. theres nothing u can do to prevent blowouts but go slowly (for blowouts, tears, rips etc,) but as far as cat butt goes ive NEVER EVER EVER SEEN IN LIFE ANYONE WITH STRETCHED LOBES BEYOND 0 THAT DIDNT HAVE SOME TYPE OF CAT BUTT. ive see HUNDREDS if not THOUSANDS of people with stretched lobes from all walks of life. pros, do-it-yourself ppl, random teens, grown people, all HAD SOME KINDA CAT BUTT. unless its a new dermal punch, it had cat butt (at least a lil teeny bit). its my theory that its the skins natural reaction to being stretched and then loosend. YOUR HOLE ISNT THE SAME SIZE WITH THE PLUG OUT AS IT IS WHEN ITS IN. because the plug FULLY STRETCHES THE SKIN ALL THE WAY OUT. when u take it out the skin RELAXES and WRINKLES because the skin isnt gonna just DISSAPPEAR OR ABSORB back in......is skin thts relaxing after being stretched. of COURSE ITS GONNA WRINKLE DUHHHHH PEOPLE!

Alright, someone had too much sugar. If "theres nothing u can do to prevent blowouts but go slowly" then how is it I've never had a blowout, and many people, too, never had a blow out? I never forced my skin to FLIP inside out.

Secondly, "NEVER EVER EVER SEEN IN LIFE ANYONE WITH STRETCHED LOBES BEYOND 0 THAT DIDNT HAVE SOME TYPE OF CAT BUTT," depends on what you call cat-butt. Cat-butt effect is when your pain is genuinely inflamed, irritated, PAINFUL to the touch, and very swollen. Having wrinkles alone does not qualify for cat-butt. If you'd like to experience real cat-butt, here are the directions: shove something in your ear that is 2 or 3mm bigger than what you normally put into your earlobe, leave it for 10 mins, and take it out. If it's not a blow out yet, see how annoyed and wrinkly your ear is. That's cat-butt.

AceWitThaLobes wrote:in conclusion, its just really gettin on my nerves how critical people are of others stretches. NOBODY HAS PERFECT UNWRINKLED BABY SMOOTH EARS if they have been stretching. and if u DO have PERFECTLY ROUND UN WRINKLED HOLES that HAVE NOT been punched and that are ABOVE a size 0, id very much like to see it. take the plug out and snap a pic RIGHT AFTER the plug is out. i guarantee there will be no one who can honestly make that claim. might have some ppl CHEAT and leave them out for a while then snap the pic after a oil massage or something....but that dont count. NOBODY HAS PERFECTLY ROUND COOKIE CUTTER EARS UNLESS THEY USED A COOKIE CUTTER.

Yeah, again, no shit. No one has smooth, baby-smooth ears. No one. Actually, the ears, immediately after taking out the plug will not be as wrinkled compared to waiting a few hours. My ears actually get MORE wrinkly as I wait.

You make legitimate claims, but a little too zealously. Some things are true, but some things you have to be careful with.
Evlesoa

by ViolentJayne » Tue Aug 28, 2012 3:58 pm

No one can judge anothers level of pain ... but we can all tell what isnt painful ... and if its anything other than painless ... its probably to soon .. nothing wrong with a little pressure or a tugging sensation but I think most humans can differentiate what is pain and what isnt . It has nothing to do with someones tolerance to pain . There is no need to tell peoples pain level if there is no pain at all

and of course there will be some type of scar but the idea is to limit the scarring to wear it will naturally soften an has very little noticeable difference compared to the other skin ... if you are getting blow outs etc then you are overly scarring and creating scars that time and oil will not soften
4ga lobes ,14ga 2nd hole lobes. 14ga tounge
full sleeve and 7 other Tattoos

SHE'S ALWAYS NICE
AND GIVES ADVICE
WHEN WE DONT HAVE A CLUE
SHE NEEDS NO HELP
FROM YOU
ViolentJayne

by Evlesoa » Tue Aug 28, 2012 4:01 pm

ViolentJayne wrote:if you are getting blow outs etc then you are overly scarring and creating scars that time and oil will not soften

Because we all know scar tissue is a tougher type of tissue to stretch.
Evlesoa

by mouse2cat » Tue Aug 28, 2012 4:46 pm

Think about the scarring like stretch marks. When you grow too fast or have a baby. Sometimes men will get horizontal stretch marks on their legs from growing too fast in high school. That is the kind of scar that you are getting on the inside of your lobe. Not scar like a healed knife wound, that is bad. If you grow slowly you don't get any stretch scars at all. With stretching, that is the goal.

Now on the issue of pain. Some people can be hurt pretty bad and not really feel much pain at all. Does that mean they are not hurt? No. If your pain threshold is such that you can be bleeding pretty bad and it doesn't bother you. You need to be aware of that personal pain threshold and be even more careful about stretching. Maybe pay more attention to the degree of resistance. Because you might not feel enough pain to know when to stop. That is why we have timeline guides as a reference.

Cat Butt is a little tricky to diagnose. Because healthy slowly stretched ears often will have some natural wrinkle. Usually this wrinkle is subtle and should be the same color as the rest of your ear. But there is definitely a point where those wrinkles are exaggerated, irritated, inflamed, ugly, noticeable, and extend beyond the inner fistula.
mouse2cat

by corazon_de_oro » Tue Aug 28, 2012 7:37 pm

For some reason my post is showing up at the top of the page. Don't know if it's like that for everyone else but just clarifying I didn't start this topic.
I'm Lindsay.
I have 1/2" lobes and 11 piercings: left helix x2, both conches, both nostrils, septum, navel, and VCH.
My lobes are small but I know a lot about stretching and how to do it safely, so message me if you have any questions!
corazon_de_oro

by Evlesoa » Wed Aug 29, 2012 7:23 am

I agree, it's really odd. It's at the top... I just noticed it, too.
Evlesoa

by AceWitThaLobes » Fri Oct 19, 2012 2:13 pm

im stickin with outting a hole somewhere there is not naturally a hole is DAMAGE to the skin. period, its possible to heal just fine but u cant put a hols in ur body and claim u didnt damage anything. damage does not have to be something catastrophic, a pin prick is damage to the skin.

and no u should NEVER feel like ur ear is gonna fall off doing this. i was just making a point that ppl are OVERY JUDGMENTAL OF OTHER PPL S STRETCHES. and i see that ive caused alot of ppl to not like what i had to say abt things as well. u dont have to agree but i still think im right.
1" lobes
tongue pierced, and dermal implant under left eye
retired belly button, septum, nostril, madison, nipples, 4 cartilage, labret, dimples
AceWitThaLobes

by corazon_de_oro » Fri Oct 19, 2012 10:01 pm

But it's still possible to stretch and keep your ears pretty healthy. Blowouts, tears, and scar tissue are very easy to avoid.
I'm Lindsay.
corazon_de_oro

Next

Return to Aftercare, Healing and Safety