Ear Gauge Question

Forum rules
NO SPAM

by BDMJ » Tue Aug 21, 2012 3:10 pm

I got my ears dermal punched (6g) 2 months ago and when I take out my tunnels to clean them it's still a little sore and still somewhat hurts. Is this normal?

Is there anything I can do to speed the healing process so I can at least start being able to change out my jewelry everyday?

The only time I do sea salt soaks is about every 2 weeks when I take out the tunnels to clean them. But every night I use regular piercing solution to clean around the tunnels.
BDMJ

by bradykay90 » Wed Aug 22, 2012 4:33 am

Start cleaning them atleast 2-3 times a week it will help a lot better then every 2 weeks try not to mess with them unless your cleaning them. Idk what tunnels you have but the lighter the better.
My left lobe is 1/2" my right is 00g.
bradykay90

by ViolentJayne » Wed Aug 22, 2012 12:14 pm

what he said ^ also 2 months is fine for them to still be sore . they wont be healed enough to stretch for 6 months or so , but you should start being able to change the jewelry out to other same gauge jewelry soon . Id up the seal salt soaks to once a day and start removing the plugs while cleaning - sometimes its not enough to just clean around them - good luck and just be patient :)
4ga lobes ,14ga 2nd hole lobes. 14ga tounge
full sleeve and 7 other Tattoos

SHE'S ALWAYS NICE
AND GIVES ADVICE
WHEN WE DONT HAVE A CLUE
SHE NEEDS NO HELP
FROM YOU
ViolentJayne

by bradykay90 » Wed Aug 22, 2012 2:23 pm

ViolentJayne wrote:what he said ^ also 2 months is fine for them to still be sore . they wont be healed enough to stretch for 6 months or so , but you should start being able to change the jewelry out to other same gauge jewelry soon . Id up the seal salt soaks to once a day and start removing the plugs while cleaning - sometimes its not enough to just clean around them - good luck and just be patient :)
I miss read that last night I thought it said 6 months not 2 month
bradykay90

by corazon_de_oro » Wed Aug 22, 2012 2:51 pm

What's in the solution you're using? If it's anything but saline, stop using it. Sea salt soaks are more than enough... like the others said, do them a little more often. Also, it's very important not to get them too salty, so make sure there's no more than 1/4 teaspoon salt per one cup of water every time. I would actually recommend that you stop taking out the jewelry to clean it. Sea salt soaks will keep the jewelry fairly clean, and on the days that you don't do soaks just rinse them in the shower. Taking the jewelry in and out of irritated piercings will just make things worse.
I'm Lindsay.
I have 1/2" lobes and 11 piercings: left helix x2, both conches, both nostrils, septum, navel, and VCH.
My lobes are small but I know a lot about stretching and how to do it safely, so message me if you have any questions!
corazon_de_oro

by BDMJ » Fri Aug 24, 2012 1:52 am

I'm just paranoid about keeping them clean and wanting them to heal so it's not sore anymore. Oh and another thing....with sleeping, I keep my metal screw tunnels in while I sleep obviously and it was fine for the first month but now it's getting a little uncomfortable when I sleep I have to constantly re adjust me head so the pressure is off my ears. I've tried gorilla glass plugs like you suggested before but those were terrible for sleeping, after a few nights the outer surface started indenting into my ear so I took them out and put back the screw tunnels.
BDMJ

by corazon_de_oro » Fri Aug 24, 2012 8:53 pm

Oh, that's too bad. :( I've used those Gorilla Glass plugs at every size and never had any issues, I guess it just depends on your ears and how you sleep.

Your plugs will get clean enough if you do sea salt soaks, then after they stop being irritated you can take them out to clean again. But you're probably delaying healing by taking them out frequently.

When they heal, maybe try some silicone earskins for sleeping. Don't wear them for long periods of time and don't use them in new stretches, though.
I'm Lindsay.
I have 1/2" lobes and 11 piercings: left helix x2, both conches, both nostrils, septum, navel, and VCH.
My lobes are small but I know a lot about stretching and how to do it safely, so message me if you have any questions!
corazon_de_oro

by BDMJ » Sat Aug 25, 2012 12:17 am

Oh ok, well how long before I can start taking out/changing the jewelry? My holes only hurt when I take the tunnels in and out for cleaning. When they are in my ear I can lightly tug them and they don't hurt.
BDMJ

by bradykay90 » Sat Aug 25, 2012 4:02 am

Give it about another month 7 a month anda half
bradykay90

Return to Aftercare, Healing and Safety