What do you do if your ear bleeds when stretching?

Forum rules
NO SPAM

by pumaala » Tue Nov 24, 2009 10:51 pm

I know the hole is not supposed to bleed if you stretch your ears correctly... but what do you do if it does bleed? Do I just let it heal on its own? Or is there some kind of antibiotic or home-made remedy that can help? What should I do? I dont want an infection or anything...
pumaala

by Tom » Wed Nov 25, 2009 5:52 am

Clean it up with a cue-tip or something.. Did you skip sizes? just keep cleaning your gauges like you normally would when stretched
Plugs, Tunnels, Tapers, Spirals, Rings & More UrbanBodyJewelry.com
Tom

by skylorlambert » Fri Nov 27, 2009 2:23 am

Well, it's really common for your ears to bleed while stretching. The other reason could be because you ripped your ears, if that's so there would be a lot of blood, which could cause an infection. But be sure just to clean up around your ear with a q-tip and make sure you get most of the blood cleaned off. But, it's normal for your ears to bleed a bit, it really just depends on your body. :)
Currently Stretched At: 1-1/8in
Others: Snakebites, and both conchs.
Websites: Blog, Photography, Twitter, Facebook.
skylorlambert

by corazon_de_oro » Sun Dec 20, 2009 12:23 am

Downsize to what you were before, let it heal for 6-8 weeks, then try again. If you're bleeding, it's probably because you skipped a size or didn't allow enough time after your last stretch.
I'm Lindsay.
I have 1/2" lobes and 11 piercings: left helix x2, both conches, both nostrils, septum, navel, and VCH.
My lobes are small but I know a lot about stretching and how to do it safely, so message me if you have any questions!
corazon_de_oro

by rabidcupcake » Wed Mar 17, 2010 4:46 am

It is completely not normal for your ears to bleed while stretching. If your ear is bleeding, you have ripped it and will need to downsize immediately and baby the crap out of your ear if you want nice lobes in the future.

Either you were too fast with your stretches (not enough time in between) or your skipped sizes. Not recommended. I would be freaked out if my lobes started bleeding during a stretch. I've ripped my lobes once and freaked - no blood just red, puffy and irritated.
rabidcupcake

by meegs654 » Wed Mar 17, 2010 7:38 pm

skylorlambert wrote:Well, it's really common for your ears to bleed while stretching. The other reason could be because you ripped your ears, if that's so there would be a lot of blood, which could cause an infection. But be sure just to clean up around your ear with a q-tip and make sure you get most of the blood cleaned off. But, it's normal for your ears to bleed a bit, it really just depends on your body. :)

It's actually not common at all for your ears to bleed if you do it properly. I would be leery of anyone trying to say otherwise.

I would go down a size or two and do one, no more than two sea salt soaks a day. The sea salt will help draw out impurities and will sooth your ear. Just make sure you rinse your ears afterwords to make sure you get the salt off of your ears. Glass and stainless steel are highly recommended for safe healing as well.
meegs654

Return to Aftercare, Healing and Safety