Bleeding and totally swollen ear?!

Forum rules
NO SPAM

by imperialcondenscion » Mon Aug 20, 2012 1:09 am

I've never gotten a bleeding ear ever so I don't know what to do. I was once 6g and about 3 weeks later, I went up to a 4g because my friend gave it to me as a present and I was definitely excited. It felt stingy and my ears hurt a bit when touched so i didn't bother with them for a few days so today I've decided to take them off finally and just deal with the stingy pain and I see a totally bleeding, crusty, dry ear lobe and inside is fresh red. I'm not sure if I should downsize or leave it empty because it feels like it needs to rest for a while. It was definitely a huge mistake. What's the first thing I should do since it's like this?
imperialcondenscion

by corazon_de_oro » Mon Aug 20, 2012 3:35 am

Go back to 6G or even 8G and let your ear heal. Treat it like a new piercing. In the future, leave at least 6-8 weeks between sizes or until you can put in the next size without pain or resistance.
I'm Lindsay.
I have 1/2" lobes and 11 piercings: left helix x2, both conches, both nostrils, septum, navel, and VCH.
My lobes are small but I know a lot about stretching and how to do it safely, so message me if you have any questions!
corazon_de_oro

by Dlsgrl77 » Sat Aug 25, 2012 2:54 am

omg my right ear is hurting and puffy so bad so i downsized and when i looked at my lobe i felt like an idiot. it was raw and red on the inside and puss was even coming out. so would yalls advise be to keep doing the sea salt soaks 3xs a day and using emu oil messages? should that help? and just forget about streatching for awhile?
Dlsgrl77

by DarkCustom13 » Sat Aug 25, 2012 3:28 am

Down size and do non iodine salt soaks! Stay away from any oils at this point! Before you stick the smaller pugs back in clean your ear good with anti bacterial soap. Let heal like a fresh piercing.
DarkCustom13

Return to Aftercare, Healing and Safety