Did something stupid

Forum rules
NO SPAM

by PerkyPanda » Wed Jun 30, 2010 2:05 am

I just put in a size 8 a week or so ago, and everything was fine and dandy. Problem is I was half asleep one morning and reached up to fix it because it was twisted~they're curved~. I thought I felt crust and kind of picked it away. When I cleaned them a few moments later it turned out to be something that looked like scar tissue.

Right now the area right around my left ear is a bit sore but it's not bleeding or anything. It's kind of pink like a healing scab but nothing is coming off, and it hurts when I clean it. I'm not sure what this is and not sure what to do. Would Vit. E oil be okay to use on this?

Ps - The same problem is also on my right ear but only a little bit and I hardly notice it.
PerkyPanda

by corazon_de_oro » Wed Jun 30, 2010 3:17 am

It could be a small blowout. By "curved" do you mean you're wearing pinchers? If so, they're really bad to stretch with and keep in because they put pressure on the front and back of the hole, plus they move around too much. What are you cleaning it with? If you have any open wounds I'd recommend hot sea salt soaks. I'd also recommend downsizing, waiting for them to heal, doing oil massages, and waiting quite a while before you stretch again.
I'm Lindsay.
I have 1/2" lobes and 11 piercings: left helix x2, both conches, both nostrils, septum, navel, and VCH.
My lobes are small but I know a lot about stretching and how to do it safely, so message me if you have any questions!
corazon_de_oro

by PerkyPanda » Wed Jun 30, 2010 4:14 am

Oh, I really didn't know that. ><

I've been cleaning with H2Ocean because I got a free can, and I've been using Vit. E oil. Is that what you mean by oil massages?

So, it's better to use plugs for the stretching? I know I seem a little noobish about this stuff, and I'm sorry. ><

Oh, I was also using liquid soap but I stopped because I got a small bump on my upper ear from it~I think~, and got a bit paranoid.

Thank you for responding.
PerkyPanda

by corazon_de_oro » Wed Jun 30, 2010 4:47 pm

H2Ocean is pretty good. It's not as beneficial as soaks but it's much better than more harsh stuff. Antibacterial soap is usually too strong so stopping that was a good idea.
And yeah, by oil massages I mean taking out your plugs and massaging the oil into your lobe. If they're still irritated you should wait a while before you start doing that, but it's really helpful. Single-flared plugs are definitely the best thing to stretch with since they don't get knocked around.
I'm Lindsay.
I have 1/2" lobes and 11 piercings: left helix x2, both conches, both nostrils, septum, navel, and VCH.
My lobes are small but I know a lot about stretching and how to do it safely, so message me if you have any questions!
corazon_de_oro

by PerkyPanda » Wed Jun 30, 2010 5:19 pm

They don't seem to be that sore anymore. I was cleaning it with H2Ocean on a Q-tip and the gauge just kind of got moved and fell out and it didn't hurt. After I did the oil thing I put each one back in and it didn't even hurt or add discomfort. So, I don't think it's a blow out. . I hope. >.>;;;

Thank you about the plug advice. I'll be sure to keep that in mind when I go to a 6 next time, but that won't be until my ears completely clear up.
PerkyPanda

Return to Aftercare, Healing and Safety