Please need advice for healing of possible tear / infection?

Forum rules
NO SPAM

by ArryHarry92 » Thu Aug 16, 2012 2:27 am

Ok so yell at me if you will, but I've done the stupid thing and stretched from 10mm to 12mm to fast, although i only went half way with the taper and left it for 2 days, i only worked the taper in as far as it would go but obviously it was still too much too fast.. It did hurt a lil bad after that and felt like my ear was under a bit of pressure..

So I noticed after I stretched it, it remained quiet sore and red for two days, neither the soreness or redness disappeared, i also noticed a little amount of pus, so i took it out to be safe and to check it, as i did it hurt and bled pretttyy bad - so im guessing i've split the skin :evil: its quiet crusty at time and bleeds still a bit now, but i have replaced the taper with my steel 10mm tunnel for now because its the best i could do...

:? but i really need some advice on how to heal it, or promote healing because the last thing i need right now is a bad infection going on thats gonna mess up my ear... :(

** ALSO one more thing, i have read about NOT using products like "ear care" that contain benzalkonium chloride, but whats the actual reason on why? because at the moment (at work) this is all i have...

any help is GREATLY appreciated thanks.. :)
ArryHarry92

by corazon_de_oro » Thu Aug 16, 2012 4:12 am

The reason you're not supposed to use the "ear piercing solution" is because it's very harsh and will kill healthy cells and delay healing. Infections are really pretty rare in piercings so you don't have much to worry about there as long as you're not constantly touching it with dirty hands or anything. The best way to clean a piercing is sea salt soaks; mix no more than 1/4 teaspoon sea salt per one cup hot water and soak for 5-10 minutes. Other than that just leave it alone and don't touch or move the jewelry.

Downsizing was the right thing to do. Does it feel okay with the 10mm or is it swollen or anything? If it's swollen you might want to go down another size to take the pressure off.

In the future, you'll want to go to 11mm before 12mm. Also, never wear tapers. You should put in a pair of plugs right away after you stretch.
I'm Lindsay.
I have 1/2" lobes and 11 piercings: left helix x2, both conches, both nostrils, septum, navel, and VCH.
My lobes are small but I know a lot about stretching and how to do it safely, so message me if you have any questions!
corazon_de_oro

by ArryHarry92 » Thu Aug 16, 2012 4:22 am

Thanks so much for your response! :)

Well ive gone shopping at work haha, mixed up a solution and soaked it, also should i be washing the salt water off right after, will it dry out? :/

and it was really swollen when i attempted to put in my 10mm yesterday, but then again i was dabbing q-tips around it cleaning the blood for a good 5-7 minutes, which would have irrated the crap outta it, but since my tunnels been in its been quiet fine, just a tad puffy and red, still a little sore today...

and barely anywhere here sells 11mm tapers or plugs, i didnt even think they existed! until reading these forums - so much for piercing shops in australia hey... ill have to order some off the net.

and how long should i wait after the ear is healed and everythings fine before re-attempting for 11mm ?

again thanks so much :)
ArryHarry92

Return to Aftercare, Healing and Safety