Blowout help?!

Forum rules
NO SPAM

by CaseyKinetix » Wed Aug 15, 2012 4:14 am

So, I've never really known what a blowout looked like until recently and I realized that my right ear has been blown out for a while.

I've never skipped sizes, I wait a few months in between stretching, and I've never had any problems except for this little flap.

Recently, I've only gone up one size and I put all my jewelry in backwards.

How do I get rid of this flap? :c

I really don't want to size down.

Also, I was having some trouble with getting up to a half inch, when my blowout is better, what would be the best way to stretch to a half inch?

Okay, so every time I resize the pictures, they keep showing up huge here.
So if you want to see the pictures here's the link:
http://s1060.photobucket.com/albums/t453/kkinetixx/
Have:
14g snakebites.
16g septum.
7/16th both lobes.
16g monroe.

Retired:
14g hips.
16g angel bites.

Future:
re-done hips.
clavicles.
anti-eyebrow.
CaseyKinetix

by mouse2cat » Wed Aug 15, 2012 9:23 pm

Yea that is pretty noticeable. I would do my best to get reduce that before trying any more stretching. I have seen people work on their blow outs with some success. What they did was take the plugs out entirely for something close to 6months. While massaging their lobes every day with an oil like emu oil. The massaging breaks down scar tissue and that is what that bump is made out of. This is what I have learned from looking at other people's blowouts and their experiences with them.

Another option is to get it cut off. I would try the massage method first and see if you get anywhere with that first. It can be a very slow process so I'd take pictures so you can see how much they are improving.

Unfortunately this would set you back quite a few sizes and you would have to re-stretch as if you were doing it again for the first time.

Also at the larger sizes the taping method is much less traumatic to your ear.

I tend towards the conservative when it comes to my ears personally. And an extra 6 months of stretching is nothing if that means that I have beautiful sexy healthy ears. All about some sexy ears :P
mouse2cat

by corazon_de_oro » Thu Aug 16, 2012 4:04 am

^ Agreed.
Unfortunately, downsizing is really the only way you're gonna get rid of it. Do lots and lots of oil massages, and keep putting your plugs in backwards. Unfortunately if it's been like that for a while it might not be a very easy fix.
I'm Lindsay.
I have 1/2" lobes and 11 piercings: left helix x2, both conches, both nostrils, septum, navel, and VCH.
My lobes are small but I know a lot about stretching and how to do it safely, so message me if you have any questions!
corazon_de_oro

by CaseyKinetix » Thu Aug 16, 2012 5:19 am

Alrighty, I guess downsizing seems like the only way to go. Thanks for the help!
and where can I buy some oil?
Have:
14g snakebites.
16g septum.
7/16th both lobes.
16g monroe.

Retired:
14g hips.
16g angel bites.

Future:
re-done hips.
clavicles.
anti-eyebrow.
CaseyKinetix

by Evlesoa » Sat Aug 25, 2012 3:57 pm

Oils can be bought at Organic / Natural Markets, or online.
Evlesoa

Return to Aftercare, Healing and Safety