Stretching accident, what do I do?

Forum rules
NO SPAM

by heerokoseru » Wed Aug 15, 2012 1:20 am

Okay, well I stretched my ear from a 6g to a 4g it went in perfectly fine in my ears, and well I'm new to stretching.. so I'm a little curious what "resistance" is, or what it's like. So, I took out my 4g in one ear, and starting putting a 2g steel taper in because, I was curious I felt the resistance and I started to pull it back, then my hand shook, and I pretty much shoved it through.

There was a break of skin that I felt, it didn't bleed, but I immediately put back in my 4g, and sea salt soaked it because it started to swell. I know that was extremely stupid, and trust me I figured out what resistance is, and why you shouldn't test it.

Anyways, there is no blood just swelling.. is this a blowout? I don't even know, it feels x100 times better now that my 4g is in, so do I need to go back to a 6g? I waited a full month to stretch between 6g to 4g and like I said there was no pain, and the taper went in without any problem.

Do I keep on sea salt soaking? Will this scar my ear or do any permant damage to it? This was the first time obviously.. I am extremely new to this whole process.
heerokoseru

by bradykay90 » Wed Aug 15, 2012 1:49 am

U need 2 down size so u wont get a lot of scare tissue. Its not a blow out most likey just a small tear. U can continue cleaning it. U should be able to go back up to a 4g in about a month maybe longer if there's "resistance."
My left lobe is 1/2" my right is 00g.
bradykay90

by heerokoseru » Wed Aug 15, 2012 2:30 am

bradykay90 wrote:U need 2 down size so u wont get a lot of scare tissue. Its not a blow out most likey just a small tear. U can continue cleaning it. U should be able to go back up to a 4g in about a month maybe longer if there's "resistance."

well I put the 6g tunnels back in.. and they keep falling through my ear. :/ I'm scared to actually sleep with these in my ear isn't throbbing or anything, still no blood, and the swelling went down a bit, what should i do? I only ripped one ear but these are falling through my ear easily when i check to see if they're there lol
heerokoseru

by heerokoseru » Wed Aug 15, 2012 2:32 am

bradykay90 wrote:U need 2 down size so u wont get a lot of scare tissue. Its not a blow out most likey just a small tear. U can continue cleaning it. U should be able to go back up to a 4g in about a month maybe longer if there's "resistance."

well I put the 6g tunnels back in.. and they keep falling through my ear. :/ I'm scared to actually sleep with these in my ear isn't throbbing or anything, still no blood, and the swelling went down a bit, what should i do? I only ripped one ear but these are falling through my ear easily when i check to see if they're there lol i can probably put another o ring on the front to secure it should i do that?
heerokoseru

by bradykay90 » Wed Aug 15, 2012 3:40 am

U can try going naked for a few hours put the 4gs back in then when u get up. Idk what time ur on but if ur going to be up for a couple of hours u can leave them out and
that will help shrink them up some. If u stay at a 4g it will cause thinning not much but it can happen
My left lobe is 1/2" my right is 00g.
bradykay90

Return to Aftercare, Healing and Safety