Blew my ear out, need advice please.

Forum rules
NO SPAM

by AndrewLovesDeathcore » Sun Aug 12, 2012 12:25 am

So yeah as it says in the title, my left ear has a blow out. I got my ear pierced 3 months and a half ago. 2 months later I put in 14 gauge tapers, and then a month later I put in 12 gauge tapers. I got a kit that went from 14g to 8 g, and 14-12g didn't come with plugs, which is why I just have the tapers in my ears. I also know Acrylic isn't the best, but I don't have money for steel tapers or plugs. But yeah, 4 days ago I tried putting in 10 gauges and I notice my left ear had a bump on it when I took the taper out. When I turned the lobe, I could tell it was a blow out, so I downsized back to 14 gauge. The thing is I didn't ever feel pain or anything to lead me to think I had a blow out, so I'm not sure when it happened. So yeah I was just wondering to see what you guys think, how bad it is, etc etc. Since I found out I've been soaking it in sea salt twice a day, and cleaning it. Now another guy from a website that has music I listened to said I should take the tapers out completely, and have no jewelry in them. What should I do?

2 pics of what it looks like below.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/440/dscf0754k.jpg/
and
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/585/dscf0755x.jpg/
AndrewLovesDeathcore

by ViolentJayne » Sun Aug 12, 2012 11:55 pm

sounds like you started stretching to soon .. you should really wait about 6 months from a fresh piercing to stretch . I would remove the taper and downsize to a regular 20 ga stud earring ( of good quality ) continue to do the soaks and after a few weeks start oil massages . I would stay downsized to the 20 ga for at least 4-6 months or until you see improvement .
4ga lobes ,14ga 2nd hole lobes. 14ga tounge
full sleeve and 7 other Tattoos

SHE'S ALWAYS NICE
AND GIVES ADVICE
WHEN WE DONT HAVE A CLUE
SHE NEEDS NO HELP
FROM YOU
ViolentJayne

by ViolentJayne » Sun Aug 12, 2012 11:58 pm

it might also be more hypertrophic scarring than blow out really and thats why you didnt feel much pain ... but Id treat it the same way Image
4ga lobes ,14ga 2nd hole lobes. 14ga tounge
full sleeve and 7 other Tattoos

SHE'S ALWAYS NICE
AND GIVES ADVICE
WHEN WE DONT HAVE A CLUE
SHE NEEDS NO HELP
FROM YOU
ViolentJayne

by Evlesoa » Sat Aug 25, 2012 4:07 pm

That's not hypertrophic scarring--that's infected.
Evlesoa

Return to Aftercare, Healing and Safety