Do I need more lobe to stretch?

Forum rules
NO SPAM

by heerokoseru » Sat Aug 11, 2012 1:04 am

Hey guys, I got my ears pierced at an 8g about.. probably 14 weeks ago? I stretched it to a 6g I just dead stretched because the taper fell through my ear anyways, there was no bleeding, or pain of any sort.

I did the stretch after 8 weeks. Anyways, my right ear I was born with it a little bit abnormal i guess you could say. It's always been a bit thinner than my right one, and I am just worried about it splitting in half or something in the future. The piercer did his best to make them level. (meaning my left, and right ear) Anyways, there is more lobe obviously on my left ear. Well, I was thinking of downsizing back to an 8g in case it needs to thicken up.

But, it's strange.. my right ear (the thin one) already has a gap in, and it's only been stretched for almost 4 weeks. it falls forward and such. I just don't want this ear to become a problem in my future, I don't plan to go that big. I've heard some people can't go past a 2g because of their earlobe not having enough lobe.

My goal size is just either 00g, 7/16, or 1/2 inch. I'd really, really love it if I could go to a 7/16, and 1/2 inch is my limit. I am worried about the ear splitting in half. I will try to post the best pictures I can of the thin one, and then compare to the thicker one. I do vitamin e massages 3 times a day with both ears, and try to leave out the plugs for 5-10 minutes. (They haven't been stretched very long, so I'm scared of them closing.)

Tell me if I should downsize, or if I can even go to a 00g. I am willing to get it re pierced if I need to, but a professional did it at 8g with a needle, and he knew I wanted to stretch.

Right ear, the abnormal thin one.
http://i45.tinypic.com/2qvtncw.jpg

Thin ear with 6g jewelry in
http://tinypic.com/r/21m7vgz/6

My normal ear that is thick:
http://tinypic.com/r/suwmu1/6

What should I do?
heerokoseru

by corazon_de_oro » Sat Aug 11, 2012 3:27 pm

It really doesn't look that thin to me. The placement if your piercings is really good and you should really have no problems going to 00G or even 1/2". Just be careful and don't rush it... lobe piercings are not ready to stretch after 8 weeks; they're usually not even fully healed by then. You really need to wait about six months after an initial piercing to do your first stretch, and 6-8+ weeks between sizes after that.
Are those plugs acrylic? You'll definitely want to get some steel, glass, or titanium plugs at each size. It's okay to use acrylic tapers because you shouldn't leave a taper in for more than a few seconds anyway, just make sure your long-term jewelry is a better material.
I'm Lindsay.
I have 1/2" lobes and 11 piercings: left helix x2, both conches, both nostrils, septum, navel, and VCH.
My lobes are small but I know a lot about stretching and how to do it safely, so message me if you have any questions!
corazon_de_oro

by heerokoseru » Sat Aug 11, 2012 6:06 pm

corazon_de_oro wrote:It really doesn't look that thin to me. The placement if your piercings is really good and you should really have no problems going to 00G or even 1/2". Just be careful and don't rush it... lobe piercings are not ready to stretch after 8 weeks; they're usually not even fully healed by then. You really need to wait about six months after an initial piercing to do your first stretch, and 6-8+ weeks between sizes after that.
Are those plugs acrylic? You'll definitely want to get some steel, glass, or titanium plugs at each size. It's okay to use acrylic tapers because you shouldn't leave a taper in for more than a few seconds anyway, just make sure your long-term jewelry is a better material.

Hey, thank you for your input. These are steel double flared, I never use acrylic anything including tapers (: I try not to even use tapers, I just wait till my ears start to get a gap, and deadstretch without a problem. I won't rush it, I guess my lobe isn't really all that thin after all, I guess I'm just paranoid because I know it's abnormal.

Should I wait longer to stretch, or downsize back to an 8? I thought it was healed, it doesn't hurt or anything and I thought it was ready since the first taper I did try and use my ears were stretched bigger than the taper already, and I didn't feel anything. I think it's also that the double flares I am using in my "thin" ear it sags because my ear is stretched more already, and I have no idea why.

I thought the placement was bad too, but I trust your judgement :D Thanks, much it made me feel better.
heerokoseru

by corazon_de_oro » Sat Aug 11, 2012 7:18 pm

Yeah, I think they chose really good placement for the shape of your lobes. There don't appear to be any spots that are thinner than others. Many people have lobes even smaller than that and are able to stretch; good piercing placement is key.

If your ears stretched on their own during the healing process and you had no pain or resistance you should be fine to keep in the 6G. That just surprises me because I was pierced at 10G and was barely ready to stretch after 6 months. They didn't even seem healed until I'd had them for three months, but I'm a slow healer. Just make sure you wait a while before you're next stretch.
I'm Lindsay.
I have 1/2" lobes and 11 piercings: left helix x2, both conches, both nostrils, septum, navel, and VCH.
My lobes are small but I know a lot about stretching and how to do it safely, so message me if you have any questions!
corazon_de_oro

by ViolentJayne » Sat Aug 11, 2012 7:37 pm

I bet its the double flares you are wearing . most flares are 1 to 2 sizes bigger than the actual gauge so having taken the double flares in and out probably stretched your ear . its really not recommended to wear double flares till you are good and healed at a size for a few months .. Ive been at 4 ga for over 6 months I can wear some 2 ga jewelry ( cause my ears are so loose now ) but still can not get in some of My 4 ga double flares because the flares on the 4 ga are actually almost a 0 ga ugh ! lol
4ga lobes ,14ga 2nd hole lobes. 14ga tounge
full sleeve and 7 other Tattoos

SHE'S ALWAYS NICE
AND GIVES ADVICE
WHEN WE DONT HAVE A CLUE
SHE NEEDS NO HELP
FROM YOU
ViolentJayne

by heerokoseru » Sat Aug 11, 2012 7:55 pm

corazon_de_oro wrote:Yeah, I think they chose really good placement for the shape of your lobes. There don't appear to be any spots that are thinner than others. Many people have lobes even smaller than that and are able to stretch; good piercing placement is key.

If your ears stretched on their own during the healing process and you had no pain or resistance you should be fine to keep in the 6G. That just surprises me because I was pierced at 10G and was barely ready to stretch after 6 months. They didn't even seem healed until I'd had them for three months, but I'm a slow healer. Just make sure you wait a while before you're next stretch.

Thank you so much. (:
heerokoseru

by heerokoseru » Sat Aug 11, 2012 7:57 pm

ViolentJayne wrote:I bet its the double flares you are wearing . most flares are 1 to 2 sizes bigger than the actual gauge so having taken the double flares in and out probably stretched your ear . its really not recommended to wear double flares till you are good and healed at a size for a few months .. Ive been at 4 ga for over 6 months I can wear some 2 ga jewelry ( cause my ears are so loose now ) but still can not get in some of My 4 ga double flares because the flares on the 4 ga are actually almost a 0 ga ugh ! lol

Yeah I thought about that too. I didn't know you weren't supposed to use double flares for fresh stretching, but it just went in without a problem, then later on I found out double flares were for later on. I ordered a tunnel kit that is single flared, so I should be good I'll wear them down to a 00g and sit at 00g for a while before I go any bigger. I think the reason my lobe looks thin, small, and whatnot is because the plug literally falls over because of the gap. so the end of it sags to the bottom my ear sometimes I hope single flares will cure that. haha
heerokoseru

Return to Aftercare, Healing and Safety