Crusty blood on 0 ring 2 days after stretch?

Forum rules
NO SPAM

by DarkCustom13 » Tue Aug 07, 2012 12:02 pm

Ok i stretched to a 6g 2 days ago. Today i got up and noticed that there was a little bit of blood in the front of my ear on the O ring. So i took the O rings off cleaned them inspected my ear and it looked fine no blood on the plug in front or back. Next i did a 15 minute salt soak with the O rings off. 2 days later my ear is a little inflamed and tender nothing major but so is my other ear too and it did not have blood anywhere! They are always like that for a couple of days after. Any way.. Is this something to worry about? Is it a Micro tear or something? Or will it be fine and this is Normal sometimes?
DarkCustom13

by corazon_de_oro » Tue Aug 07, 2012 3:15 pm

It does sound like you tore your ear a little bit. It could even be from something like your plugs getting messed up while sleeping or wearing o-rings too tight. How was the stretch itself? Was it completely painless with no resistance? The slight inflammation sounds like you weren't quite ready... if I were you I'd probably downsize. If you really don't want to, just treat them like new piercings and SSS them for a few days. Make sure you do lots of oil massages when they stop being irritated to prevent scar tissue.
I'm Lindsay.
I have 1/2" lobes and 11 piercings: left helix x2, both conches, both nostrils, septum, navel, and VCH.
My lobes are small but I know a lot about stretching and how to do it safely, so message me if you have any questions!
corazon_de_oro

by DarkCustom13 » Wed Aug 08, 2012 12:19 pm

The stretch it self was slow. About 45 minutes with a little resistaince and pinching put no real bad pain. their was no blood at all and my ear didnt hurt that much after the stretch. And yes i noticed the blood after i got up in the morning. I wait 5 weeks in between stretches and use really good Concave Tapers. From what i can tell im doing alot better then 90% of the people i know. Some of the stories they tell me about how they stretched there ears are crazy. Its been 3 days now and i haven't seen any more blood at all. I think it should be ok..
DarkCustom13

by corazon_de_oro » Wed Aug 08, 2012 4:49 pm

5 weeks isn't that long. I personally waited about two and a half months between 8G and 6G and I will admit that I forced it a bit; I should've waited longer. But I'm glad it's doing better now, hope it stays that way. :)
I'm Lindsay.
I have 1/2" lobes and 11 piercings: left helix x2, both conches, both nostrils, septum, navel, and VCH.
My lobes are small but I know a lot about stretching and how to do it safely, so message me if you have any questions!
corazon_de_oro

by DarkCustom13 » Wed Aug 08, 2012 8:03 pm

Thanks.. Ya its doing good. I have 0 pain and the swelling already has gone. So far 5 weeks has been good for stretching for me. I do agree that even longer would be way better. But i have NO patients so even 5 weeks is ground breaking for me. L0L.. I also take my stretches slow instead of just shoving the taper right threw. And no matter what i always do 1 to 2 sea salt soaks a day for about a week or more after each fresh stretch. Hopefully i can get to 00g with out any problems. I figure it wont be till after the New year till im finally there.
DarkCustom13

Return to Aftercare, Healing and Safety