Question about sleeping with larger plugs in?

Forum rules
NO SPAM

by SinkingVessel » Tue Aug 07, 2012 10:04 am

I know it's best if you don't sleep with them in but I recently stretched my lobes to an inch and 1/8ths and it's a fresh stretch so I figured I should leave them in there for a bit. I just want to know how I should sleep while I have them in? They're white acrylic tunnels. I also have another question. What exactly does a healthy lobe look like? Ever since I started to stretch my ear, the bottom of my tunnels always push skin outwards and it doesn't look healthy...to me anyway. I suspect a bad blow out? Is there anyway to correct it at such a large size? A picture of a healthy large earlobe would be appreciated.

One more thing. I live in California and I'm not sure where I can go buy holey buttr?
Thank you so much for your help.

Extra information: I massage my ears with e oil and soak them in sea salt. (Non iodized)
SinkingVessel

by corazon_de_oro » Tue Aug 07, 2012 10:59 pm

Seems like your best bet would be to sleep on your back so you're not putting pressure on either of your ears. After a while, sleeping without plugs is best.

It definitely sounds like you have a blowout. Here's a picture I found on Google of some healthy-looking large stretches: http://bhsjournalism.files.wordpress.co ... bes-21.jpg Notice how there aren't any creases (blowouts) and they're the same thickness all over.

Here's an ear with a bad blowout:
http://26.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lnd8k ... o1_500.jpg
I'm Lindsay.
I have 1/2" lobes and 11 piercings: left helix x2, both conches, both nostrils, septum, navel, and VCH.
My lobes are small but I know a lot about stretching and how to do it safely, so message me if you have any questions!
corazon_de_oro

by apollo726 » Tue Aug 07, 2012 11:11 pm

You can find Holey Buttr online at http://www.bodyjewelrysource.com, they are located in Southern Cali so it only takes them 3-4 days get orders. I've been using them for plugs/tunnels for over a year now and their a great company. Decent quality items for what you pay.
apollo726

by AceWitThaLobes » Mon Aug 13, 2012 7:33 pm

i also sleep with my plugs in and at an inch i find that using my hand to make a dent in the pillow and laying my ear in the dent is very comfortable. i cant sleep every night with my plugs out b/c for some reason after a few nights i guess my ears decide to try to close down on me and i spend a few minutes re-stretching in the mornings which is a pain. and also plugs with narrow wearable areas help me out when im sleeping too b/c the edges of the plug dont poke at me.

on a different note... ive had a few blowouts and my lobes now look like the healthy guys in the pic. ijs, nobody has perfect stretches..... do they?

so heres how i did it.. oil massages at least twice a day and downsizing my 1 or 2 mm over night. (its not a big deal for me to wear a smaller plug for 1 day then stretch back up to my "original" size. i use lots of Vit E and Shea Butter b/c they help with healing skin. Ive heard alot about Jojoba oil also....
1" lobes
tongue pierced, and dermal implant under left eye
retired belly button, septum, nostril, madison, nipples, 4 cartilage, labret, dimples
AceWitThaLobes

Return to Aftercare, Healing and Safety