Swollen and sore still after 2 days

Forum rules
NO SPAM

by DreamersGuilt » Tue Jul 31, 2012 7:35 am

I stretched my ears from a 6g to a 2g. The next day removed the taper completely. My ear is still swollen and sore. I noticed a little pus and it's sort of flaky as if it's trying to scab over. I clean it a few times a day with h2ocean and try my best not to touch it. I feel like the inside feels sort of raw. I tried to put a belly ring in it ealry today becuase I don't want it to close a 10g fits pretty snug already. It was beyond painful. What can I do to help it heal?
DreamersGuilt

by bradykay90 » Tue Jul 31, 2012 1:10 pm

U need to downsize back to an 8g and treat it likee a new piercing. I would go into more detail but i got to go
My left lobe is 1/2" my right is 00g.
bradykay90

by DreamersGuilt » Tue Jul 31, 2012 3:47 pm

I've downsized to a 10g
DreamersGuilt

by KAISERROLLS » Tue Jul 31, 2012 6:00 pm

You skipped 4g? Never skip sizes you should know that by now if your already that big. Also give yourself plenty of time now that your at 1mm stretches at least 6-8 weeks at a size then go to the next. If the inside feels raw stop screwing with it and leave it at 10 for another 6-8 weeks if your lucky. DONT TAKE IT OUT EITHER, that will make it worse, just rotate it and if it sticks you probably have an open wound so treat it like a new piercing and wait at least 2 months, if it doesn't stick after a few weeks, then you didn't tear it at all and you should be fine to stretch it up to an 8, and so on, next time though dont skip sizes. As long as its not infected or open dont do sea salt soaks that might just aggravate it.

Also after you resolve this issue some vitamin E oil massages might be good for you to do. Just to get any scar tissue gone that may have came from this experience, or past ones if you have been skipping sizes all along. Also note that you should never wear a taper as jewelry, not sure if you were anyway.

Good Luck!
Piercings
1g Left 0g Right Lobes
Right Industrial (retired)
Right Tragus (retired)
Tattoos
4 Hours on sleeve
KAISERROLLS

Return to Aftercare, Healing and Safety