Random bleeding?

Forum rules
NO SPAM

by Boffey » Wed Jun 23, 2010 9:32 pm

I stretched my ear to 10mm about 2 weeks ago, and when i took out my tunnel yesterday, there was a small amount of bleeding, it happened again just

My ear doesnt feel sore or isnt swolen or anything at all... Does anyone know what it might be?

All i can think of, is if ive cut it with my jewellery or somthing :l
Piercings
Left Lobe 12mm
Left Rook
Right Helix

Wishlist
Right Lobe 12mm
Seccond Right Helix
Left side lower lip

o, and im Alex by the way :)
Boffey

by corazon_de_oro » Thu Jun 24, 2010 12:20 am

Was it one of the screw-on tunnels? It's very possible that you could've cut your lobe if you put it in a fresh stretch. Also, you may have stretched too fast and it could be dried blood from your initial stretch that got stuck in the threading of the tunnel. If it happened to me I would downsize, but if not you should just wait a few extra weeks before you stretch again. A sea salt soak or two wouldn't hurt.
I'm Lindsay.
I have 1/2" lobes and 11 piercings: left helix x2, both conches, both nostrils, septum, navel, and VCH.
My lobes are small but I know a lot about stretching and how to do it safely, so message me if you have any questions!
corazon_de_oro

by Hardware » Fri Jun 25, 2010 4:32 am

I have had this happen to me before. The second plug in my right earlobe kept falling out so I slid a 2 gauge in. A few weeks later it decided to bleed a bit at random. I never really found out why it did such a thing. All honesty I wasn't even trying to stretch it. Could have been dryness, maybe the O-ring was too tight or accidentally scratching it in my sleep.

I agree with Corazon, a sea salt soak would not hurt and definitely give yourself some extra time before you stretch again. I do remember 00G being painful when I did it. Patience is a virtue when it comes to stretching. :)
It's not a revolution, it's a lifestyle.
Hardware

by Boffey » Sat Jun 26, 2010 2:07 am

Ive mainly been wearing a steel single flared eyelet, i think i probably did it with the little ridge where the oring sits, somehow
Piercings
Left Lobe 12mm
Left Rook
Right Helix

Wishlist
Right Lobe 12mm
Seccond Right Helix
Left side lower lip

o, and im Alex by the way :)
Boffey

Return to Aftercare, Healing and Safety