HELP (ADVICE)

Forum rules
NO SPAM

by whoisco » Wed Jun 23, 2010 7:21 pm

Okay, so I have been stretching my ears since last August, and right now I am at 7/16g (11mm). I have been pretty satisfied with my ear elasticity and everything because I know I've been doing everything right, such as, waiting the appropriate healing time, stretching with tapers/tape, not skipping sizes, etc. But earlier this month, I was feeling a bit anxious (and stupid) and i shoved my 7/16g silicone plug into my 00g concave taper so when I put my 00g taper through, I'd be at 7/16ths. Completely stupid, I know. So I waited for about 3 weeks to heal my ears because they were raw and very sore, my right ear was the worst. 3 weeks passed, I began taping my ears to prepare for the 7/16g stretch (again). So I'd say about 3 days ago, I went to 7/16g and they successfully slid into my left ear, my right ear, the "stubborn" ear wasn't so successful. I had to soak my ear then it kind of slid in with the help of massive amounts of jojoba oil and sea salt soaks. So for the past 3 days, my right ear has been super sore so today, I took my silicone plug out and it started bleeding, I saw the inside of my ear and it was torn but not all around. It is still red, pink, and raw. I grabbed these 1g glass plugs that I had from before and downsized immediately! I'm completely disappointed in myself because I had everything going well until my 7/16ths plug incident but yeah.

Now, I have a few questions that I need answered;
1. will they ever heal completely back to normal
2. how would i get my ears to heal quickly
3. when should i wait until i decide to start stretching again
4. what should i do in the meantime (take plugs out, keep plugs in, sea soaks (my ears are raw), etc.)

i would greatly appreciate any advice.
whoisco

by brutalSKITTLES » Thu Jun 24, 2010 5:44 am

Keep the downsized plug in and simply wait for your right ear to heal, keep the the left one at 7/16. :] Sea salts have never helped me, so i dont know what you should do about that.
brutalSKITTLES

by corazon_de_oro » Thu Jun 24, 2010 3:30 pm

If I were you I'd downsize both ears... even if the other one doesn't seem pissed off you still skipped a size which could cause some scar tissue.
Downsize, do sea salt soaks, and when they're healed start doing oil massages (vitamin E, emu, jojoba, etc. are all good). If I were you I'd wait a good 2-3 months before you stretch again. Make sure you don't try until your ears seem 100% healed and ready to stretch.
I'm Lindsay.
I have 1/2" lobes and 11 piercings: left helix x2, both conches, both nostrils, septum, navel, and VCH.
My lobes are small but I know a lot about stretching and how to do it safely, so message me if you have any questions!
corazon_de_oro

by whoisco » Fri Jul 16, 2010 6:29 am

Thank you so much!
whoisco

Return to Aftercare, Healing and Safety