For inside the hole care! Take plugs out during salt soak?

Forum rules
NO SPAM

by DarkCustom13 » Wed Jul 25, 2012 10:24 pm

Ok its been 3.5 weeks since i stretched to 8g and my left ear still hurts a little inside the hole and in the back of it. Ive been doing salt soaks with my plugs in because i pretty much leave them in the entire time until its ready to stretch to the next size. But i do take them out usually 2 times by 3 weeks just to inspect the hole and see how it feels to gauge my healing process thats it! So should i take the pugs out for the salt soaks at this point or still just keep doing them with my plugs in? Also this left ear is really making me mad! After 3.5 weeks my right ear could be stretched right now its that good(i wouldn't tho) but this left ear and its lingering pain is just crazy already!
DarkCustom13

by apollo726 » Thu Jul 26, 2012 12:29 am

What was the previous size before 8g?
What kinda plugs are you using?

I've heard after 1-2 weeks its good to take them out when showering/bathing and cleaning the plugs with soap/warm water. then very very gently clean your lobes while in the shower with soap. Afterwords dry completely and gently massage emu/bio/vit E/jojoba oil onto the lobe. Wait a few then re-insert the jewelry. Cleans your lobes nicely and gives them a lil bit of time to breath and take in the oil (of your choice, I use vit E). After that don't play with/touch them, fingers harbor all sorts of bact. that you don't need in a sensitive stretch. Make it a daily ritual and after awhile the cleaning/oil process will be like second nature. I'm not a professional or anything this is just what's worked for me. Currently at 0g and haven't had any major problems. Good luck!

Ohh .. as for the sea-salt it's a charm but if after 3.5 weeks it's just gonna start to dry your lobes out.. maybe use it 1-2 a week i guess. Then oil up afterwards.
apollo726

by DarkCustom13 » Thu Jul 26, 2012 1:10 am

Ya i use the sea salt usually for the first 2 to 2.5 weeks. I use V e oil and rub a couple times a week. Nothing seems to help. The only thing i can think of is that my left lobe did not take the last stretch that good and i have some damage done inside! My plan to stretch up after 4.5 to 5 weeks is probably going to be put off to 6 or 7 weeks with this one. It sucks but its whats probably going to have to be done and then see how it feels then. Its crazy when i put my plug back in it feels sore right about in the middle of the hole. My right ear just slips right in with no problem!
DarkCustom13

by KAISERROLLS » Thu Jul 26, 2012 4:11 am

Congratulations! you found your s#%@ ear! Sometimes one ears just harder to stretch and is a pain in the ass, compared to your other, thats how all of mine have been it seems like my right ears are always painless and fine after 8 weeks, but when i stretch the left its more like 10 weeks till its completely painless, or not so much pain as I can stretch without irritation. I think your just the same way, your doing the right thing just give it time. Oil massages will always help to begin with so just keep doing what your doing. Keep on keeping on!
Piercings
1g Left 0g Right Lobes
Right Industrial (retired)
Right Tragus (retired)
Tattoos
4 Hours on sleeve
KAISERROLLS

by apollo726 » Thu Jul 26, 2012 7:53 am

the real beezie is when your s@#t ear changes each time you stretch.. WTF? It's been my left at 0 gauge, and thinning at my right.. ohhh wait so that means both my ears are being beez's right now... Best of luck mate! They have a mind of their own..
apollo726

by DarkCustom13 » Thu Jul 26, 2012 1:05 pm

Ya my left ear has been the sh%t ear from the start! My right ear is good to go in 4 weeks time every time. Well i guess ill give it more time like i said and see what happens. In a perfect situation id be stretching my ears every 4 to 5 weeks. Dosen't look like thats going to happen darn lefty cant keep up with the right! I really hope that's all it is tho! I hope it isn't scar tissue from abuse over the years. I pierced it myself when i was like 11 years old and over the years pushed all kinds of earings in it. When i was younger i got a set of those 14 gauge capture loops and just shoved them in a 20 gauge hole! And wore them alot! Back then stretching wasn't even popular or heck even was around then in the western country.. On top of that with having certain jobs i wouldn't even wear them for long periods of time. And then when i would feel like wearing them again id just shove the 14 gauge loops back in. Probably a bunch of not good stretches on and off when you think about it. Its probably why it gives me more trouble then my right. Cause my right ear was pierced later in life and was taken care of alot better.. So assuming its all jacked up and is full of scar tissue from over the years of abuse can it even be stretched to 00g or bigger? Or is it going to hurt every time and bother me non stop forever?
DarkCustom13

by KAISERROLLS » Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:48 pm

Start doing vitamin E oil massages if you are already not, It has done wonders for my burn scars and my ears also. So no I think that you will be fine getting to 00g even with a lot of scar tissue as long as you are proactive about it, but then again i dont know how bad it actually is you might want to consider getting it repierced at a larger gauge And yeah your crappy ears that wont stretch change from lobe to lobe sometimes at least with me they do.
Piercings
1g Left 0g Right Lobes
Right Tragus (retired)
Tattoos
4 Hours on sleeve
KAISERROLLS

by DarkCustom13 » Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:53 pm

Yes i use V E oil.. I start using it usually around 3 weeks give or take after each stretch.
DarkCustom13

by KAISERROLLS » Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:58 pm

Just keep that up then honestly thats the only option besides surgery that can remove the scar tissue. Maybe start doing it at least once a day every day, and waiting a few weeks longer to stretch, also downsizing could help.
Piercings
1g Left 0g Right Lobes
Right Tragus (retired)
Tattoos
4 Hours on sleeve
KAISERROLLS

by apollo726 » Fri Jul 27, 2012 12:54 am

I sat at a 10g CBR's for about 10 years.. there were a couple times I took them out for extended periods of time and then decided to put em' back in.. I'd just shove them in and I'm sure i've created a nice bit of scar tissue myself.. nobody's perfect and we all make mistakes.. Just keep up the vitamin E and it'll break down any scar tissue over time.. skin is amazing I have no doubts even after many problems you'll be able to get to 00g.. (that's my goal) 1 more stretch to go.. ohhh the waiting is killing me!!!
apollo726

Return to Aftercare, Healing and Safety