Clear Fluid Leaking, then crusts up

Forum rules
NO SPAM

by Leanne_B » Tue Jul 24, 2012 8:46 pm

I am in need of some serious advice, I am currently stretching my ears. This is not the first time that I have stretched my ears, the first time I stretched I went up to a 4g then decided to take them out, that was 2 summers ago. Now I am trying to stretch again (at a 6g) and my ears leak a clear fluid and crust up. Does this mean my ear is infected? If not what can I do to get rid of all this leaking and crusting? This is the first time I have experienced this with stretching my ears and its very disgusting looking, so any advice you have on what I should do would be great. Thanks!
Leanne_B

by corazon_de_oro » Tue Jul 24, 2012 8:53 pm

That's lymph, and it comes out of all wounds. Surely you don't mean that you went straight to 4G from a normal piercing and then straight to 6G? If so, there's your problem... if I misunderstood, it's still probably a sign that you didn't wait long enough between sizes. It could also be a reaction to your jewelry. What materials are you wearing?
I'm Lindsay.
I have 1/2" lobes and 11 piercings: left helix x2, both conches, both nostrils, septum, navel, and VCH.
My lobes are small but I know a lot about stretching and how to do it safely, so message me if you have any questions!
corazon_de_oro

by Leanne_B » Tue Jul 24, 2012 8:58 pm

I stretched up to a 4g i did not skip sizes. Now I am stretching again and i'm at a 6g still didn't skip sizes. My only problem is this leaking issue, it'll leak and then dry up which is the crust i clean it regularly with anti-bacterial soap and massage it with jojoba oil its just the leaking its really annoying, and i am using 316L Surgical Steel :(
Leanne_B

by corazon_de_oro » Tue Jul 24, 2012 9:29 pm

Oops, I misunderstood. How long have you waited between each size? If your ears are irritated, stop the oil massages for a while and ditch the antibacterial soap (it can dry out your ears as well as kill healthy cells and delay healing). Just leave them alone as much as possible.
I'm Lindsay.
I have 1/2" lobes and 11 piercings: left helix x2, both conches, both nostrils, septum, navel, and VCH.
My lobes are small but I know a lot about stretching and how to do it safely, so message me if you have any questions!
corazon_de_oro

by Leanne_B » Tue Jul 24, 2012 9:36 pm

i used to wait every 2 weeks depending on how my ears felt but this time i'm not really paying attention to up-sizing until this problem is cleared up. the skin on my ear is flaky and its like a cut when you've scraped your skin against the side walk. (tryna describe as much as i can)
Leanne_B

by Leanne_B » Tue Jul 24, 2012 9:53 pm

should I leave them out or keep the tunnels in? its only been maybe 4 days since i up-sized to a 6g my left lobe is fine but my right lobe is still sore and a little swollen
Leanne_B

by ViolentJayne » Tue Jul 24, 2012 10:41 pm

you might wanna downsize to an 8 ga .. either way you might also want to try a different material - you can develop allergies you never had before .. you said tunnel so Im guessing its steel .. perhaps try glass .. and like Corazon said dont use the oil for a while it can be irritating it ..
4ga lobes ,14ga 2nd hole lobes. 14ga tounge
full sleeve and 7 other Tattoos

SHE'S ALWAYS NICE
AND GIVES ADVICE
WHEN WE DONT HAVE A CLUE
SHE NEEDS NO HELP
FROM YOU
ViolentJayne

by bradykay90 » Tue Jul 24, 2012 11:05 pm

Haha voilent i luv the signature pic lol
My left lobe is 1/2" my right is 00g.
bradykay90

by corazon_de_oro » Wed Jul 25, 2012 1:20 am

You should really only be stretching about every 6-8 weeks (or however long it takes to put the next size in without pain or resistance). 2 weeks isn't long enough which is why your ears are irritated. You might want to consider downsizing for a little while.
I'm Lindsay.
corazon_de_oro

Return to Aftercare, Healing and Safety