Ear irritation/random swelling

Forum rules
NO SPAM

by emuhleee » Thu Jul 19, 2012 11:27 pm

I've had my ears at 7/8s for just about a year now and every so often they will get really irritated and swell. With this, they will sometimes puss and get crusty. :( This has never happened until a few months ago and I only ever wear steel double flares. Does anyone know why my lobes do this?!
emuhleee

by bradykay90 » Thu Jul 19, 2012 11:48 pm

If ur switching out the tunnels i may have a different metal in them. I ordered some 0g tunnels that was said to be 316l surgical stainless but later on that week i notice on a set of threads that it was copper so i took my knife and slide it down the side of the tunnel and it was plated idk if this will help u out but figured id let u kno what happened to me
My left lobe is 1/2" my right is 00g.
bradykay90

by Dowa2bp » Fri Jul 20, 2012 2:49 am

emuhleee wrote:I've had my ears at 7/8s for just about a year now and every so often they will get really irritated and swell. With this, they will sometimes puss and get crusty. :( This has never happened until a few months ago and I only ever wear steel double flares. Does anyone know why my lobes do this?!

I'm Not An Expert But Maybe The Flare Itself Is Irritating You Ear?? Try Regular No Flare Pugs :D
Have:
4g Left Lobe - 9.5 Right Lobe

Want:
I Think 10mm or 11mm
(Stopping at 11mm)
Dowa2bp

by corazon_de_oro » Fri Jul 20, 2012 3:10 am

Are the flares sharp? You could be cutting your ears slightly with your plugs while putting them in/taking them out. I cut my ear a little on a pair of single-flare steel tunnels right after a stretch once and it swelled like crazy! You could also try some titanium or glass plugs to see if that solves the problem. If it does, you've probably got a nickel allergy, although that would be more likely to cause constant itchiness and redness rather than occasional swelling and irritation.
I'm Lindsay.
I have 1/2" lobes and 11 piercings: left helix x2, both conches, both nostrils, septum, navel, and VCH.
My lobes are small but I know a lot about stretching and how to do it safely, so message me if you have any questions!
corazon_de_oro

by bradykay90 » Fri Jul 20, 2012 3:58 am

Also if u swicthed soaps shampoo conditionor anything like that round about the time they start bothering u could happen
My left lobe is 1/2" my right is 00g.
bradykay90

Return to Aftercare, Healing and Safety