i may have blown my ear out. ( picture in link )

Forum rules
NO SPAM

by jobflob » Tue Jul 17, 2012 2:39 am

so i think i may have blwon out my left ear when stretching to 3/4ths. i stretched them about a week ago.. they dont hurt or anything.. but there is a lip of skin on the back of my left ear and my right ear does not. can anyone tell me if its just swelling or a blow out? and what the best solution is. also i am at my goal size.. i dont plan to stretch any bigger and was wondering if there is any harm in living with it considering its not causing me any pain?

heres the picture ( sorry for quality )

http://i.imgur.com/gge50.jpg
jobflob

by corazon_de_oro » Tue Jul 17, 2012 3:56 am

That's definitely a blowout. You could just live with it but it will heal that way, and your ear will look like that forever. At that size, your lobes are very unlikely to shrink so do you really want a blowout for the rest of your life? If you want to get rid of it, downsize (by a few sizes) and sleep without plugs. Start putting your plugs in from the back and do oil massages daily.

Your ear looks red and irritated, like it's under a lot of pressure from having that size of jewelry in it. The pressure from jewelry that's too big is what causes blowouts. If your jewelry feels tight in your other ear I would downsize that one too, because it can develop a blowout even days after stretching.

Good luck, I hope everything heals well for you.
I'm Lindsay.
I have 1/2" lobes and 11 piercings: left helix x2, both conches, both nostrils, septum, navel, and VCH.
My lobes are small but I know a lot about stretching and how to do it safely, so message me if you have any questions!
corazon_de_oro

by jobflob » Tue Jul 17, 2012 4:27 am

i only have 1 size smaller at the moment :( do u think that will make a difference? and what kind of oil should i get? / where can i get it?. ty for the tips so far btw :)
jobflob

by bradykay90 » Tue Jul 17, 2012 4:34 pm

Yes it will help. And e-oil jojoba oil emu oil them should be about the best unless theres 1 idk about lol
My left lobe is 1/2" my right is 00g.
bradykay90

by jobflob » Wed Jul 18, 2012 7:07 am

alright so i went down to 5/8ths( i only have silicone tunnels is that ok? ). and im buying some oil tomorrow. how long does it take ussually for a blowout to heal? ( also i was wondering how bad mine was )?
jobflob

by corazon_de_oro » Wed Jul 18, 2012 10:56 pm

Is there any way you can get some steel, glass, or titanium jewelry? Silicone is not good for healing and it's not good for long-term use. After a blowout it's going to be a while (probably at least a few months) before you can stretch again so you're going to want a better material in there.
I'm Lindsay.
I have 1/2" lobes and 11 piercings: left helix x2, both conches, both nostrils, septum, navel, and VCH.
My lobes are small but I know a lot about stretching and how to do it safely, so message me if you have any questions!
corazon_de_oro

by DarkCustom13 » Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:04 pm

I hope to god that never happens to me and i hope that by waiting 5 weeks in between each stretch is enough time. But if it does happen i would take it out right away and let it heal for a month with no plug in do tons of non iodine saltwater soaks every day and then V E rubs towards the end.. And then slowly stretch back once its totally healed. Good luck
DarkCustom13

by jobflob » Thu Jul 19, 2012 9:28 am

yeh. i already got some steel ones today. also got some vitaman e oil as well. i think its starting to look alot better sence i downsized too. but i might just be getting eager and seeing things haha. but anyways thanks for all the help guys! hopefully in a few months ill be starting back on my way to 3/4ths :P
jobflob

by corazon_de_oro » Thu Jul 19, 2012 8:51 pm

That's good. :) Avoid rubbing your ears with oil if they're sore/irritated at all... the rubbing can make things worse and the oil itself can trap bacteria. Other than that, sounds like you're on the right track! Maybe in the future you should think about taping instead of doing the whole stretch at once, since 5/8 to 3/4 is a full quarter of an inch and a huge jump!
I'm Lindsay.
corazon_de_oro

by jobflob » Thu Jul 19, 2012 11:41 pm

yeah i realized there was such a thing as 11/16ths after this all happened.. when i bought my tapers in town i brought some jewelry in and asked them for the next size up.. they gave me 3/4ths tapers and i was at 5/8ths at the time. so it was partially my fault for not doing the research myself but at the same time i feel like the people at the piercing shop here were kind of ill informed themselves. so im avoiding the shops in town now.. they've sold me wrong sizes multiple times now. bought a caliper and some bondage tape online and some 11/16ths jewelry for when im ready :P
jobflob

Next

Return to Aftercare, Healing and Safety