Do I have a blowout? Please help/give advice (pics inside)

Forum rules
NO SPAM

by zach » Mon Jul 16, 2012 11:43 pm

Hey guys! So about 2 weeks ago I stretched my ears from 10g to 8g and only waited about 13 days between( first mistake). I'm never doing that again. About 2 days after the stretch my lobes became swollen and painful to touch so I took out my steel tunnel and squeezed my ear. Lots of puss and some blood came out and also what seems to be the inside of my lobe. This only comes out when i squeeze and push from the back of my lobe. I have been doing this cleaning every day and now they're not swollen anymore but still the fleshy lobe comes out when I squeeze and push from the back. I never downsized but now it seems like there's no pressure on the jewlery. It spins freely without pain and doesnt seem to be squeezed tightly by my lobe. Should i continue this squeezing/cleaning daily? Any advice is appreciated.

My lobe:Image

Is this stuff any good?
Last edited by zach on Tue Jul 17, 2012 4:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
zach

by zach » Tue Jul 17, 2012 1:08 pm

Any input is appreciated!
zach

by corazon_de_oro » Wed Jul 18, 2012 12:42 am

From the picture it doesn't look like a blowout but from your description it does. The best thing for you to do is downsize and treat it like a new piercing. Don't worry about the oil until your lobes are fully healed. Then you can start massaging each lobe (without jewelry) with a few drops of oil every day after you shower. This will help break down scar tissue and keep them healthy. Good luck, hope it heals well for you.
I'm Lindsay.
I have 1/2" lobes and 11 piercings: left helix x2, both conches, both nostrils, septum, navel, and VCH.
My lobes are small but I know a lot about stretching and how to do it safely, so message me if you have any questions!
corazon_de_oro

by zach » Thu Jul 19, 2012 4:33 am

Ok thanks!
zach

by bradykay90 » Thu Jul 19, 2012 4:44 am

corazon_de_oro wrote:From the picture it doesn't look like a blowout but from your description it does. The best thing for you to do is downsize and treat it like a new piercing. Don't worry about the oil until your lobes are fully healed. Then you can start massaging each lobe (without jewelry) with a few drops of oil every day after you shower. This will help break down scar tissue and keep them healthy. Good luck, hope it heals well for you.

I need to start doing my ears again lol what do u thank of holey but'r
My left lobe is 1/2" my right is 00g.
bradykay90

by corazon_de_oro » Fri Jul 20, 2012 4:04 am

I've never used it but most people seem to love it! I need to get myself some one of these days... I've used emu oil, Naked oil (basically the vegan version of emu oil), jojoba oil, and vitamin E oil. They're all about the same to me... emu oil is probably my favorite even if it is a little gross!
I'm Lindsay.
I have 1/2" lobes and 11 piercings: left helix x2, both conches, both nostrils, septum, navel, and VCH.
My lobes are small but I know a lot about stretching and how to do it safely, so message me if you have any questions!
corazon_de_oro

by bradykay90 » Fri Jul 20, 2012 6:18 am

corazon_de_oro wrote:I've never used it but most people seem to love it! I need to get myself some one of these days... I've used emu oil, Naked oil (basically the vegan version of emu oil), jojoba oil, and vitamin E oil. They're all about the same to me... emu oil is probably my favorite even if it is a little gross!

I got sum when i first started stretching it smells like rare potatoes lol ive been wanting to try emu oil im gonna get me some tuesday when i get paid.
My left lobe is 1/2" my right is 00g.
bradykay90

Return to Aftercare, Healing and Safety