Just looking for some advice

Forum rules
NO SPAM

by LuckeeClover » Sat Jul 14, 2012 10:39 pm

Hello! So, I probably messed up, but I am hoping someone has some advice for me. I never did a lot of research on gauging, but wanted to gauge my ear lobes. To be honest, I never expected that so many things could happen, or that there was a process to follow. So, last night I gauged from a 14 to a 6. Please don't jump on me about how dumb that was, I get that it probably wasn't the brightest thing I've done. My question though is, I don't have a blow out and there was no bleeding, so am I ok? Or do I still run a risk of blowout or cat butt? Should I take them out and do it the right way, or just let them heal? The lobes really aren't red, but they are a little sore and very tight on the taper.

Thank you for the help!
LuckeeClover

by bradykay90 » Sat Jul 14, 2012 11:46 pm

Go back to a 14g or a 16g would be even better if u dnt u will have a lot of scared tissue and u will have problems stretching in the future. Always wait for 6-8 week in bettween stretches. Good luck hope this helps also never skip sizes
My left lobe is 1/2" my right is 00g.
bradykay90

by corazon_de_oro » Sun Jul 15, 2012 2:47 am

^ Yep, what he said. Even if you don't have a blowout or anything now, it can happen days after a stretch, especially if you're wearing a taper. Tapers move around too much and can get hit/knocked easily, which can cause a blowout easily. Go back to 14G, go one size at a time, and get a pair of single-flare or no-flare plugs for each size.
I'm Lindsay.
I have 1/2" lobes and 11 piercings: left helix x2, both conches, both nostrils, septum, navel, and VCH.
My lobes are small but I know a lot about stretching and how to do it safely, so message me if you have any questions!
corazon_de_oro

by LuckeeClover » Sun Jul 15, 2012 3:13 am

Thanks! I took them out and will do it right. I appreciate the advice! :)
LuckeeClover

by bradykay90 » Sun Jul 15, 2012 4:39 am

Now im against sleeping in flaired jewerly id weather wear no flairs plugs n tunnels. Good luck on ur future stretches
My left lobe is 1/2" my right is 00g.
bradykay90

by corazon_de_oro » Sun Jul 15, 2012 5:26 am

^I'm not a huge fan of no-flares because you have to wear o-rings on both sides and sometimes o-rings irritate my ears. I don't see a problem with sleeping in flares unless they're sharp and you're a violent sleeper. The glass plugs I've always stretched with are nice and smooth and with the way the flare is, I couldn't force them out through the flare if I wanted to. I get what you're saying if the plugs flare out like a trumpet (that's the only comparison I could think of, haha) and are sharp around the edges, although I don't think it's very likely that they'd cause a problem. Better safe than sorry, though.
I'm Lindsay.
I have 1/2" lobes and 11 piercings: left helix x2, both conches, both nostrils, septum, navel, and VCH.
My lobes are small but I know a lot about stretching and how to do it safely, so message me if you have any questions!
corazon_de_oro

Return to Aftercare, Healing and Safety