Small outer blowout. Need help!

Forum rules
NO SPAM

by DaveyG » Fri Jul 13, 2012 9:48 pm

I finally got up to 25mm (1 inch) in my right ear but I took out the jewelry to clean it this morning and I seem to have a blowout around the front of my lobe. I do not use tapers. I usually just pop in the bigger size plug/tunnel from back to front. I know that has to be how this happened. I took out the plug and cleaned up my ear a bit but now I have no idea what to do. I wanna put a 3/4 in but it looks really funky. Might just start over from where ever I am when I am fully healed. Any tips? I never had to deal with this before >.<

DaveyG

by sh4ky » Sat Jul 14, 2012 12:35 am

Two words:

Downsize

Aftercare

Good luck man
sh4ky

by DaveyG » Sat Jul 14, 2012 1:40 am

Thanks man
Imagehttps://www.facebook.com/DawnOfTheHero
DaveyG

by corazon_de_oro » Sat Jul 14, 2012 3:14 am

Agreed, downsize. That's a very angry looking lobe! Actually, just try not to wear anything in it for a while... that's the best thing to do at a large size.
Dead-stretching (stretching without tapers) is totally safe as long as your ears are ready. The stretch should feel like putting in a pair of slightly tight plugs, there should be no pain and you should never be forcing them.
I hope it heals well for you!
I'm Lindsay.
I have 1/2" lobes and 11 piercings: left helix x2, both conches, both nostrils, septum, navel, and VCH.
My lobes are small but I know a lot about stretching and how to do it safely, so message me if you have any questions!
corazon_de_oro

Return to Aftercare, Healing and Safety