my lobe won't stop bleeding

Forum rules
NO SPAM

by thtkidmatt » Sat Jun 30, 2012 9:32 pm

ok guys im new to the forum so sorry if i did anything wrong in posting but im really freaked out and i need help. i did something really stupid a couple weeks ago and stretched to 5/8 with silicone. my right ear turned out just fine but my left ear got a blowout. i noticed right away but was still too stubborn to remove the tunnel. 2-3 days later i finally gave in and downsized, however i didnt really have any stainless steel and downsized to an acrylic plug. i figured at least its better than that 5/8ths tunnel. after downsizing ive been massaging it with vit. E everyday but still my ear keeps bleeding. just today i noticed that the blowout has gotten a lot better but the problem is that there is a cut inside my lobe. that is where the blood keeps coming from. the lobe it self seems to be healing alright except for that stupid cut. about an hour ago i took out the plug and massaged it with vit. E. but i need help because i'm not really sure how to fix this. should i just leave it naked until the cut heals? or put the acrylic plug back in? i want it to heal as fast as possible so i can stretch it to 5/8ths because i look ridiculous with the different sized ears :( please help guys.
thtkidmatt

by bradykay90 » Mon Jul 02, 2012 10:43 am

Its a good thing u down sized. Stop doing the e-oil massages as a fresh cut doesnt need it also it isnt a cut its a tear. acyrlic is known to harbor infetions so i would keep a close eye on it. If u can try a sea salt soak. Treat it like a new piercing
My left lobe is 1/2" my right is 00g.
bradykay90

by thtkidmatt » Thu Jul 05, 2012 3:47 am

thanks. it stopped bleeding a couple days ago and surprinsingly even the blowout is gone. but it's still healing on the inside for a reason. its taking pretty long.... how can i speed up the process? should i start the vit.e massages again?
thtkidmatt

by bradykay90 » Thu Jul 05, 2012 5:27 am

U need to wait a lil longer. But if u want to u can all it is going to do is slow down the healing process
My left lobe is 1/2" my right is 00g.
bradykay90

by mouse2cat » Thu Jul 05, 2012 3:44 pm

Instead of worrying about having ears at different sizes, just downsize your happy ear to match. Then maybe you will feel less impatient.

There is no trick way to make your body heal faster. Don't touch your ear too much (leave it the hell alone). Always wash your hands before touching your ears. Don't massage it when it's still bleeding. Drink plenty of water.
mouse2cat

Return to Aftercare, Healing and Safety