This looks bad...

Forum rules
NO SPAM

by dont_touch_the_glass » Sat Jun 30, 2012 6:59 am

I'm very new to stretching and so far I'm having problems with my left ear which is a 14g. I've been pierced all my life but never really wore earrings. Suddenly, I decided I wanted to stretch! I have actually wanted to do so a few years ago but never got around to it until now.

My right ear is doing great. It's on a 12g already...I put in the 12 because the 14 fell out on its own a few times so I knew it was ready.

But my left ear has been awful through the process. The first time, I came here for advice and downsized the ear to a regular earring, despite the fact that I look stupid with one regular earring and one plug on the other ear. After maybe three weeks the left ear felt fine so I put back the 14g though I realize now I should have waited longer.

It started hurting a week ago, I did a salt soak and the pain went away. But the pain has come back and my ear is bleeding again so I have now stuck the regular earring back in.

My ear looks weird, here I have two pictures I took.

It looks awful to me. Do you guys think that will heal up if I give it like three months time or so? Is there any hope for that ear yet?
dont_touch_the_glass

by PaarkwayDrive » Thu Jul 12, 2012 6:47 pm

It looks like an infection, I'd keep Saline bathing it each day and hopefully it will clear up :)
PaarkwayDrive

Return to Aftercare, Healing and Safety