need advice for a friend

Forum rules
NO SPAM

by HanaPIE » Thu Jun 17, 2010 11:45 pm

a friend of mine has stretched ears and as she wont listen to me i thought i'd open it up to you guys as your all very experiance and have alot of knowledge on the subject

her ears are stretched to 18mm i don't know how she looks after them or anything but she's told me (and ive noticed!) that there seems to be a smell coming from her ears were her stretchers are thats is a discusing cheesy smell.

am i right in thinking this is from her not cleaning her ear and her plugs properly? or am i completly off track here?
4 bottom lip piercings
Tongue
18mm in left ear
6mm and 1.2mm in right ear

*want*
right ear to 18mm
bridge or anit-brow dermals
scafolding both ears
nipples
HanaPIE

by magalo le matelot » Fri Jun 18, 2010 12:09 am

Its normal if they smell over time, but you have to clean them each day if you wears steel or acrylic...

If you can smell them when she have them in the ears that's a big problem !
    1 inch lobes, madison microdermal 16/07/10 and venoms 2/07/11.
    RIP self-done tongue web, retired wrist surface and tongue.

First tattoo on right thigh - line done (1h20)

Want: 4g septum, tattoo on left ribs/behing ear.
magalo le matelot

by corazon_de_oro » Fri Jun 18, 2010 1:34 am

Oil massages will decrease the smell (Naked oil smells AMAZING but as far as I know you can only get it online and at some piercing/tattoo shops). And tell her to take her plugs out and clean them with some antibacterial soap every other day or so... maybe every day if she's wearing steel. Acrylic isn't very smelly but some people have bad reactions to it if they wear it for too long, and glass doesn't smell but it can make you produce more "ear cheese."
I'm Lindsay.
I have 1/2" lobes and 11 piercings: left helix x2, both conches, both nostrils, septum, navel, and VCH.
My lobes are small but I know a lot about stretching and how to do it safely, so message me if you have any questions!
corazon_de_oro

by Boffey » Fri Jun 18, 2010 1:59 pm

I think everyone gets it, i used to get it somtimes on my piercing before it was stretched.
It tends to smell just after you've stretched to a new size, after a week or so it calms down a little. Thats what seems to happen to me anyway.
Piercings
Left Lobe 12mm
Left Rook
Right Helix

Wishlist
Right Lobe 12mm
Seccond Right Helix
Left side lower lip

o, and im Alex by the way :)
Boffey

by HanaPIE » Fri Jun 18, 2010 3:04 pm

thanks guys! i showed her this and she finally addmitted to never cleaning them but she is at home cleaning them as we speak :)
so yes warning to all of you clean them or they will really stink!
4 bottom lip piercings
Tongue
18mm in left ear
6mm and 1.2mm in right ear

*want*
right ear to 18mm
bridge or anit-brow dermals
scafolding both ears
nipples
HanaPIE

Return to Aftercare, Healing and Safety