I think I may have a tiny blowout?

Forum rules
NO SPAM

by Daesnow » Mon Jun 18, 2012 2:31 am

So my friend game me 8g tapers and he said I should be fine to stretch with that. I tried really hard to push it in (I know, bad) and it really hurt so I took it out. I bought 14g plugs and got them in. 2 days after, my cousin accidentally hits my left ear and it started bleeding so I took it out and I saw a little rim/lip around the hole, it also had a tiny bit of white-ish pus. It's been about 2 weeks now and it doesn't hurt, I've been doing SSS each day. Today, I took them out to see and it still had the tiny rim around the hole (just on my left ear). It also had more gunk than my right ear O.o

Is it a blowout? Do I have to downsize? I've heard that if you have a small blowout you can leave your current piercing in for longer than usual (2 months) and it should be fine. Also, if I leave it in, will it get bigger as I stretch my ear (I'm planning to only go to 4g)?
Thanks
Daesnow

by corazon_de_oro » Mon Jun 18, 2012 3:05 am

So you went straight to 8G for your fresh stretch? It definitely sounds like a blowout, which is very likely in that situation. Are you at 14G now? You should be fine to stay at that size, but if you have any smaller jewelry it would be a good idea to put that in.

Keep doing the sea salt soaks (make sure the water isn't too salty) and wait for your ears to heal completely before you even think about stretching again. You should really wait a few months because it sounds like your ears have gone through a lot. When they're healed, start doing oil massages to help get rid of the blowout and break down any scar tissue.

In the future, go one size at a time and leave 6-8+ weeks between sizes, or until you can stretch without pain or a lot of resistance. Good luck; I hope everything heals well for you!
I'm Lindsay.
I have 1/2" lobes and 11 piercings: left helix x2, both conches, both nostrils, septum, navel, and VCH.
My lobes are small but I know a lot about stretching and how to do it safely, so message me if you have any questions!
corazon_de_oro

by Daesnow » Fri Jul 06, 2012 6:57 pm

Hey, so I stayed at 14g and it went just fine and they seemed to heal but then today, I had trouble removing the plug on my right ear and when I did, this tiny flap of skin came out from the front and it bled a little... It's been a month already since I stretched so I don't understand why I'd get a blowout (if it is one) at this time. I cleaned with antibacterial soap and put the pug back in, I can turn it without trouble.

It seems that each time I wake up, the skin tightens around my plug and it's kinda hard to take it out but it never actually caused the skin to come out with it... After taking it out, I can always spin the plug inside without problem. It has been about 20 minutes now and my ear doesn't hurt at all....?
Daesnow

by ViolentJayne » Fri Jul 06, 2012 7:45 pm

dont spin or twist the plug . its a myth that earrings need twisted . all it does it irritate everything , it is probably making things worse . I am confused about this skin flap you mentioned . can we get a pic ? usually a flap or rim of skin means a blow out . a blow out is when the skin inside your ear hole fistula gets inverted and pushed outside of the hole . this kind of sounds like what you are describing . unless you mean the skin is actually coming off your body . if you are actually loosing skin from inside the hole it means that you are ripping off the new skin everytime it tries to heal .. almost like picking a scab ... a photo would help alot

best thing is to leave it alone , only touch it when you are cleaning it , never spin or twist . remove the plug once a day to clean the plug and your ear hole ( if its very sore wait a week or 2 before you remove the plug for cleaning - during this time just clean the ear with plug in ORINGS OFF ! and do your sea salt soaks , make sure your ear is good and dry before you put those O RINGS back on otherwise they will trap water against your lobe and harbor bacteria ) once they feel good and you can touch them with no pain start doing your oil massages to help break down the scar tissue and like corazon_de_oro said you should wait a few months for it to heal really well before you try again to stretch . by rushing in the first place you have actually set yourself back quite a few months - but we all made mistakes when starting out .. just take it slow from here on out
4ga lobes ,14ga 2nd hole lobes. 14ga tounge
full sleeve and 7 other Tattoos

SHE'S ALWAYS NICE
AND GIVES ADVICE
WHEN WE DONT HAVE A CLUE
SHE NEEDS NO HELP
FROM YOU
ViolentJayne

by Daesnow » Sun Jul 08, 2012 5:05 pm

Hi, so the next day I checked it out and the skin from yesterday wasn't there so I don't know where that one went... When I cleaned it there was no blood coming out, no pus neither. Today when I cleaned it again I noticed some white-ish stuff on the plug but just a little bit, it didn't ooze out of my ear or anything.

When I press on my lobe it doesn't hurt much, just a little pinch, does that mean I'm not ready for stretching yet?
Daesnow

by ViolentJayne » Sun Jul 08, 2012 6:18 pm

Daesnow wrote:Hi, so the next day I checked it out and the skin from yesterday wasn't there so I don't know where that one went... When I cleaned it there was no blood coming out, no pus neither. Today when I cleaned it again I noticed some white-ish stuff on the plug but just a little bit, it didn't ooze out of my ear or anything.

When I press on my lobe it doesn't hurt much, just a little pinch, does that mean I'm not ready for stretching yet?

your piercing should not hurt at all . it should feel as if its always been there , then you can start to stretch
4ga lobes ,14ga 2nd hole lobes. 14ga tounge
full sleeve and 7 other Tattoos

SHE'S ALWAYS NICE
AND GIVES ADVICE
WHEN WE DONT HAVE A CLUE
SHE NEEDS NO HELP
FROM YOU
ViolentJayne

Return to Aftercare, Healing and Safety