Bleeding after stretching?

Forum rules
NO SPAM

by alexaaaquinn » Sat Jun 16, 2012 12:20 am

2 nights ago I stretched with silicone, which was probably my first issue. I went from 2 to 0 after waiting about 6 weeks. I figured they were ready because my tunnels would fall out flare first. So I took a shower, took out my silicone flares and put in some opal 0's. They stretched them even more and actually hurt more than usual but they didn't puss or anything. I took them out to clean them and they're bleeding but I'm not sure from where. I'm afraid I tore my lobe. Should sea salt soaks work or should I wait and go back down to 2's? I really don't want to have to downsize. I've had them bleed before but they're really swollen. What should I do?
alexaaaquinn

by ViolentJayne » Sat Jun 16, 2012 1:29 am

6 weeks probably wasnt long enough , 0 is actually 2 mm bigger than 2 ga . Most other stretches before 0 are 1 mm or less. as you know stretching with silicone is not a good idea .it is most likely ripped and yes downsize and sea salt is all you can do , and this time wait at least 2- 3 months and probably go to 1 ga in between - good luck in the future
4ga lobes ,14ga 2nd hole lobes. 14ga tounge
full sleeve and 7 other Tattoos

SHE'S ALWAYS NICE
AND GIVES ADVICE
WHEN WE DONT HAVE A CLUE
SHE NEEDS NO HELP
FROM YOU
ViolentJayne

by Trill850 » Mon Jul 02, 2012 6:19 pm

i had the same problem after stretching to 0, i was told by my piercer toleavein the 0 and do SSS or use aftercare till they heal
Trill850

by ViolentJayne » Mon Jul 02, 2012 7:29 pm

if 0 is your goal size its probably ok to just treat it like a fresh piercing but if you intend to stretch further the Id down size to lessen the scar tissue build up ... if it happened before thats why it happened again - the scar tissue you built up previously ( last time it bled) has made your lobe less stretchy and thats why it tore again .....good luck , I hope its doing better
4ga lobes ,14ga 2nd hole lobes. 14ga tounge
full sleeve and 7 other Tattoos

SHE'S ALWAYS NICE
AND GIVES ADVICE
WHEN WE DONT HAVE A CLUE
SHE NEEDS NO HELP
FROM YOU
ViolentJayne

by Trill850 » Mon Jul 02, 2012 10:37 pm

ive never had them bleed before and the plugs i put in were acrylic because my steel tunnels didnt want to go in, and the acrylic stuck thats what caused my problem NEVER PUT ACRYLIC IN A FRESH STRETCH LESSON LEARNED downsizing would prob be best but if u dont want to do that u can do SSS or aftercare and leave them in till they heal atleast 2 weeks and prob wait 3-4 months till u stretch again
Trill850

Return to Aftercare, Healing and Safety